AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Petland Discus, absolutely disgusting....

Registered Member round flat fish's Avatar

Default Re: Petland Discus, absolutely disgusting....

The Hunt corp is out of Missouri which happens to be the center of the puppy milling industry. Their are a lot of puppy mills in the ozark hills. I live in kansas but worked in a petland in kansas city. Kansas City for those that don't know is 75% in missouri. I have not returned to the store since i quit. It's a real shame to see. I can't guarantee all puppies are from puppy mills that come from petland, because the owner can pick there supplier. Although i would guess 90%+ of the petland dogs are supplied from the Hunt Corp. I will also confirm that the kittens are unwanted litters and IMHO should not be sold for $200. They don't pay a dime for them.

Quote Originally Posted by round flat fish View Post
    The Hunt corp is out of Missouri which happens to be the center of the puppy milling industry. Their are a lot of puppy mills in the ozark hills. I live in kansas but worked in a petland in kansas city. Kansas City for those that don't know is 75% in missouri. I have not returned to the store since i quit. It's a real shame to see. I can't guarantee all puppies are from puppy mills that come from petland, because the owner can pick there supplier. Although i would guess 90%+ of the petland dogs are supplied from the Hunt Corp. I will also confirm that the kittens are unwanted litters and IMHO should not be sold for $200. They don't pay a dime for them.
    Your just a couple hours south of me lol. I just went through KC a month ago heading to Truman Lake. We had to go through Kansas cause of the flood. I was going to stop at a LFS in KC but we were in a rush to get back.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

For your guys information:

The Discus pictures from the OP is at Petland Discounts, that is not the same cooperation as Petland, you guys are mixing up here different businesses

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Thanks for the clarification Hans .
    ----------------------------------
    I only seek perfection

not just them... I went to animal kingdom today and saw 2 tanks with discus, one had almost no tail fins the others in another tank were almost black and severely infected with bacteria and emaciated. price tag was $39.99 for small discus.....shame!
    Jim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123