AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Starting a 75G Feeder Shrimp Tank w/ RCS (Crazy?) and Plecos

Default Re: Starting a 75G Feeder Shrimp Tank w/ RCS (Crazy?) and Plecos

RCS? It's pretty easy... For sure if they have a saddle on eggs they're female Other than that, if you look at their tails it's a little harder but you can still tell. I'm probably not the best person to describe it, but the shape/tail do look different between a male and a female.

CRS, I don't know and I'm not able to...
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by TURQ64 View Post
    pure crazy..10g won't hold that volume long enuff to feed them live; waaaaay overcrowded, so all the numbers are off....crazy..I've had a vagrant colony of blackworms that fell off a spoon in one of my CRS tanks..they are multiplying, and the shrimp won't screw with them alive...
    Quote Originally Posted by ericatdallas View Post
    Gary, how many RCS do you think a 75G will hold (healthy population, not max).

That's kind of a shame... but the plecos will probably eat the blackworms right?
    Just in case anyone is curious, my CBS love blackworms. I don't know about BPS or RCS yet, but I saw the CBS wrestle around with one and carry it off and it looked like it was eating it. The worm escaped at one point, the CBS was eating something (probably a segment or two), and then went after the worm again. I stopped watching and at the end of the night, the worms were gone (I put about 6-10 worms of various sizes into a tank of about 50 shrimp). I had BPS in there, but didn't see them eat any.

I did not see if my BNP eat any. I just sold my L129s, I'm sure they would have eaten them, but my BNPs had no interest at least while I was watching
    Eric

Registered Member

so shrimps and black worms dont mix? the worms seem awfully big for an adult shrimp. so most likely the worm loses?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345