AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ?how many otocinclus in a 75 gallon??????

Default Re: ?how many otocinclus in a 75 gallon??????

Quote Originally Posted by pontiac_baron View Post
    So, no cleanup crew needed :-) ....do water changes and clean self

I might try just a few otos...make sure they have ample food and watch carefully
    The toilet handle will be near
    You are asking for problems if you put ottos with discus. I had them too in planted tanks. they will harass the discus then finally start attaching. They may not do it for quite awhile but they will eventually. and as Mat said they will stress them to a point of weakness. I have had bn plecos for many years in many different tanks and never have i seen one even harass the discus. plus the ottos do little to keep algae in check. find and lower the source of algae first then use bn.
    Jim

Registered Member

Default Re: ?how many otocinclus in a 75 gallon??????

Quote Originally Posted by jimg View Post
    You are asking for problems if you put ottos with discus. I had them too in planted tanks. they will harass the discus then finally start attaching. They may not do it for quite awhile but they will eventually. and as Mat said they will stress them to a point of weakness. I have had bn plecos for many years in many different tanks and never have i seen one even harass the discus. plus the ottos do little to keep algae in check. find and lower the source of algae first then use bn.
    +1. If you must have algae eaters, go with ABNs. Don't risk otos. Very bad idea.
    1250 bb pot-planted: twelve discus (six my babies), cardinal tetras, sidthimunki loaches, angelfish. 35 gallon hex tank: hospital
    40gallon grow out tank: snakeskin juvies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12