AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally, our Discus breeding room is taking shape

Default Re: Finally, our Discus breeding room is taking shape

Did you put a bleeder in the air loop??..Helps to keep LPP or blower cool by allowing back pressure a relief..Gary
    The meek shall inherit the earth. The oceans are for the brave.

Registered Member

Hi Gary,

Yes we did, just tested it last night, works great.

Kathy

Kathy. I love the set up and will continue to monitor the progression, thanks for sharing.

I do have a recommendation for you though, I also started with an ECO PLUS-1 air pump, only to find out they don't last very long and when you call the manufacturer to try and get replacement parts, you'll get no where. Have something on hand available cause when the valve breaks internally, it will freeze the pump up almost instantly. I was lucky that my supplier could get me an alita pump by next day and I was able to scavenge some of my old pumps to keep me going for 24 hrs. The problem with this pump is it runs hot and the valve is a thin layer of plastic like material. This material gets brittle, breaks off and then melts between the piston and the sleeve. It made some smoke like bi-product which made one of my tanks water (closest to the pump) turn grayish. So i lost some of my plecos in that tank before I could get the water changed.

HTH. Best of luck with your project.
    Jorge Q

I only have one question...

What can I get that fancy leopard print background! Roarrr!
    -James the

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyAngels View Post
    Kathy. I love the set up and will continue to monitor the progression, thanks for sharing.

I do have a recommendation for you though, I also started with an ECO PLUS-1 air pump, only to find out they don't last very long and when you call the manufacturer to try and get replacement parts, you'll get no where. Have something on hand available cause when the valve breaks internally, it will freeze the pump up almost instantly. I was lucky that my supplier could get me an alita pump by next day and I was able to scavenge some of my old pumps to keep me going for 24 hrs. The problem with this pump is it runs hot and the valve is a thin layer of plastic like material. This material gets brittle, breaks off and then melts between the piston and the sleeve. It made some smoke like bi-product which made one of my tanks water (closest to the pump) turn grayish. So i lost some of my plecos in that tank before I could get the water changed.

HTH. Best of luck with your project.
    Thanks for the info, I am looking for another pump now. That's why I love this forum, everyone pitches in and gives great tips and advice!! We are ready to do a test run with the water system. I have three pair that are shimming and shaking...LOL

Kathy

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stag View Post
    I only have one question...

What can I get that fancy leopard print background! Roarrr!
    Isn't that something? This house is almost 100 years old, when we moved in that room had gold shag carpet too. Pulled it up and it has hardwood floors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12