AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forrest homemade Nori powder

Default Forrest homemade Nori powder

hi all members,

Nori Powder i made have no fancy packing, no advertisment...because it is just my recipe for my discus....people who have bought my discus know how good appetite of my discus are.... beside taking good care of them, another reason is their food, i mix 10-20 grams of the Nori powder to 1kg(2.2 pounds)beef heart...the nutrition of the Nori?...haha!! im not that good to explain everything in english...my apologies....i did a research on Wikipedia...u may just read it from the link..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nori#Nutrition

whoever interested,u may just pm me here in simplydiscus or write to me at discusforrest@gmail.com
    with your address n quantity

price including shipping, im using Malaysian Post by air but it needs around 15 days to reach USA :

100 grams---US$ 17.00 (free shipping)

200 grams---US$ 32.00 (free shipping)

454 Grams (1 pound)---US$ 68.00 (free shipping)

payment to my paypal acc:

paypal email: minjaya@hotmail.com

================================================== ================================

EDITED 2nd jan 2012

hi All members,
    i got the nori in bulk with much cheaper price now , i want to benefit it to every one of my buyers n supporters.....in futures, the nori powder will be in a package with the Baby shrimp powder optional with the addition of freight cost of shrimp powder according to the weight....thx.

price for Nori powder in package with Baby shrimp powder:

100 grams---US$ 17.00 (free shipping) + 100g baby shrimp powder ( with addition of US$5 for shipping cost) = US$22

200 grams---US$ 32.00 (free shipping) + 200g baby shrimp powder ( with addtion of US$10 for shipping cost)= US$42

454 Grams (1 pound)---US$ 68.00 (free shipping) + 1 pound baby shrimp powder ( with addition of US$15 shipping cost)= US$83

for the previous buyers of the nori powder, i will send out the shrimp powder individually if i get notification from Kenny or Rick for the payment of shipping...thx

best rgds,
    forrest
    Last edited by forrest; 08-02-2012 at 02:05 AM.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Francis

Default Re: Forrest homemade Nori powder

Thanks Forrest.....I will contact kenny later in the day.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

hi Francis,
    u dont have to contact kenny, by ordering the nori powder, u place the order with me, to Nori powder will be sending out from here in malaysia to cut cost of shipping....i will be the one who arrange the shipment,thx for your support.

best rgds,
    forrest.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forrest my friend!

It's so funny that you just posted this!

I just began to use this powder in my feed as well and had no idea that you used it as well!

I agree, discus love it!

All the best!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hi Chad,
    u may find that your discus will grow faster with the Nori powder, cos it contant lot of nutritions especially the minerals.....another thing, it is also a natural enhancer,not very much but slight on yellow fishes...

best rgds,
    forrest.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i just got some request of picture of the Nori powder, i will try to get some photo tomorrow n post it here.....hehe,pls do not expect a good photo(everyone knows it that Kenny has better skill than me) but just to show u how the powder look like, it is n deep brown or purple color...

best rgds,
    forrest.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's interesting. I actually tried feeding my discus nori (not powder) and they were not really interested in nori. Do you put anything special in the power or do you just grind nori in to powder?

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

Quote Originally Posted by YSS View Post
    That's interesting. I actually tried feeding my discus nori (not powder) and they were not really interested in nori. Do you put anything special in the power or do you just grind nori in to powder?
    Are you just dumping nori into the tank? I fnd that my discus don't care what I put in their beefheart or seafood mix....
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ericatdallas View Post
    Are you just dumping nori into the tank? I fnd that my discus don't care what I put in their beefheart or seafood mix....
    Yup. I shreded nori and put them in the tank.

Yun-

- 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

hi Yss,
    my Nori powder has mixture of 20% of rice, reason is rice is natural Exsiccator....to keep the Nori from moisture.....
    try mine...u may need few days for the fishes to get used to it n u will be impressed with the result...the nori also contant of vitamin B complex,once discus get use to it, u will also find that the discus eating much more than b4...

best rgds,
    forrest.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hi Yss,
    my Nori powder has mixture of 20% of rice, reason is rice is natural Exsiccator....to keep the Nori from moisture.....
    try mine...u may need few days for the fishes to get used to it n u will be impressed with the result...the nori also rich of vitamin B complex,once discus get use to it, u will also find that the discus eating much more than b4...

best rgds,
    forrest.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by forrest View Post
    hi Yss,
    try mine...u may need few days for the fishes to get used to it n u will be impressed with the result...the nori also rich of vitamin B complex,once discus get use to it, u will also find that the discus eating much more than b4...

best rgds,
    forrest.
    I would love to try, but right now, I mostly feed flakes mix, pellets, freeze dried blackworms, frozen blackworms, and Fronzen food mix made by Hans. How do you suggest I mix in the powder for the food I am currently feeding my fish? Thanks.

Yun-

Yun-

- 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

[QUOTE=YSS;832464]I would love to try, but right now, I mostly feed flakes mix, pellets, freeze dried blackworms, frozen blackworms, and Fronzen food mix made by Hans. How do you suggest I mix in the powder for the food I am currently feeding my fish? Thanks.

Yun-[/QUOTE

hi Yun,
    u can mix the powder to any type of paste form food, defrost the paste n just mix the powder evenly to the paste ...

best rgds,
    forrest.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forrest,

Can i just mix the nori power with beef heart and shrimp and freeze it. Then feed the frozen food mix?

Quote Originally Posted by laupao View Post
    Forrest,

Can i just mix the nori power with beef heart and shrimp and freeze it. Then feed the frozen food mix?
    yes laopao,
    but i suggest to defrost the mix b4 feeding to the discus....

best rgds,
    forrest.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast