AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Deleting Posts

Default Deleting Posts

I report my controversial ones myself. It seems only fair. What I don't like is when they are deleted without a PM to me. I find that rude. All it takes is someone writing a note to me. How hard is that?
    Mama Bear

Default Re: Deleting Posts

Liz,

I typically try to leave a reason noted why the post was deleted. There's a block at the foot of the deleted post for that very reason. I do try and email/PM when there are situations that warrant it, but if it's something that I can sum up in a small foot note on the deleted post I just do that.

Always let us know if you do not understand WHY a post was deleted.

Thanks Liz!
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've never seen that. All I saw was that my posts were gone. Please tell me how I can find it. Sorry to be so ignorant.

I know that I can be overly aggressive, but I make legitimate statements. In this case I killed a few birds with one stone. I thought that I did it quite well. I guess it's not good to kill birds.

I could have PM'd you, but I prefer this to be on the open forum. A PM from you guys about this would have satisfied me. I reported my own self. Y'all would have never know about it otherwise.
    Mama Bear

liz.. only people with MOD powers or Homesteaders who can MOD our own areas.. i believe thats what he is seeing and we do not..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by warlock4169 View Post
    liz.. only people with MOD powers or Homesteaders who can MOD our own areas.. i believe thats what he is seeing and we do not..
    Therefore I think that those of us who have had posts removed are due an explanation as to why via PM. Perhaps chad didn't realize that I couldn't see his reasoning
    Mama Bear

Liz, you alright?
    Jay,

the reason i like discus?... is discus seem to like me.

Fine and dandy. Happy as a clam. Sane as...I don't' know who I'm as sane as, but I'm reasonably sane.
    Mama Bear

Not questioning sanity Liz... people question mine all the time... " why the **** do you keep all these fish".... "why not open a pet store"..."you change how much water???"...
    Jay,

the reason i like discus?... is discus seem to like me.

Liz,

Warlock is correct. I guess it's been a while since I've seen the forum without my moderator glasses on.

You are absolutely correct. The post just disappears. You may want to PM Larry about the post deletion. You are not the first person to complain about posts disappearing from threads without explanation. I agree, I try to PM as a courtesy or make mention in the thread that was pruned what was removed and why.
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i am a MOD in another forum..

i normally mod the TEXT.. and leave a NOTE that I EDITED.. and why.. i don't delete.. but that is me in that forum..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Not a bad idea. The only issue with that is that once the text is edited, there is no record of the original text.

We keep track of all original threads/posts on SD.
    Chad Hughes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Fine and dandy. Happy as a clam. Sane as...I don't' know who I'm as sane as, but I'm reasonably sane.
    Insane people always say they're sane.Fine line between sanity and genius.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

I've never seen that. All I saw was that my posts were gone. Please tell me how I can find it. Sorry to be so ignorant.

I know that I can be overly aggressive, but I make legitimate statements. In this case I killed a few birds with one stone. I thought that I did it quite well. I guess it's not good to kill birds.

I could have PM'd you, but I prefer this to be on the open forum. A PM from you guys about this would have satisfied me. I reported my own self. Y'all would have never know about it otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Therefore I think that those of us who have had posts removed are due an explanation as to why via PM. Perhaps chad didn't realize that I couldn't see his reasoning
    Say what! Liz, let me get this straight you made a post that you felt was out of line and reported it yourself, then its deleted and you want an explanation? um.. I must be missing something here.

Okay lets make this clear publically since you wanted it on the open forum Liz and since you are so new here.(okay...thats a stretch)...If someone crosses a line and a post gets removed..The mods here at Simply usually try and contact the member where they feel warranted, but we don't have to spend our time doing that,....its a courtesy at best and to be honest...Its a major annoyance and source of frustration at worst when it comes from a member that has been here years and knows better. I expect members to police themselves.....if not we will.

Hope that clears up your concern ...if not, you know how to reach me. The complaint department is always open.

Thread closed.

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images