ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reason Not to Ship Discus USPS

Default Reason Not to Ship Discus USPS

I ordered two discus off of Aquabid.com. Which the seller came through and had them shipped out on Tuesday the 13th. They were supposed to arrive today on the 15th. The track and confirm still says they are going to arrive on the 15th 8 hours after my mail got delivered. As of today they have went 2 hours east of where they shipped from. Now I live 18 hours west of where I ordered them from. Pittsburgh looks to be closer then Philly and on the way to my house. For some strange reason they are still sitting in Philly. I am going to assume I will not receive them until mid next week. Which we all know they will have long since died by then.
    I sent the USPS a nice email asking why they are still sitting there marked live fish. The reason I did this is because this has happend before with a order of compost worms that were marked "live". The order was smashed flat and went through Philly's hub.
    I honestly don't think USPS will reply to my email. So I am planning on putting the box into another box and ship them to the head post master with copies of all the track and confirms I have so far. Maybe they will get the hint when they have a box with two dead stinking fish sitting in their office. Then am going to ask them to send my two kids who wanted the fish a letter saying how sorry they are for screwing up and ruining their early Christmas present. Of course I am going to Fed Ex it to them so it arrives on time.
    So I have learned my lesson on shipping anything marked "Live" through USPS.

Default Re: Reason Not to Ship Discus USPS

Two day's?????????????
    Jay,

the reason i like discus?... is discus seem to like me.

Yes I have got some that took 4 days to get here and all were alive and healthy. They put a 3 day heat pack in the box. So they would of been fine.

did you know it was going to be a two day shipping from the Auction/Seller description.. ?! that sounds like Priority Shipping..

discus are sent over nite.! yikes.. fyi.. next time only chose sellers that use over nite express service..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and Homesteader TNT77's Avatar

Last time I had 4 Electric Blue Dempeys overnighted using usps it took 4 days to get them.
    Tara Bennett
    Phone: 815-876-0516

something'sy
    Jay,

the reason i like discus?... is discus seem to like me.

I knew it was two day shipping. I have got some that way before with the same shipping. I never have had trouble when there is a track and confirm number. I have sent out over 200 packages with a track and confirm number. Not once have I had one show up late. Well two that got delayed due to wild fires. So I figured they would of made it on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason K. View Post
    something'sy
    ?????

You poor dear. Discus people ship FedEx Priority Over Night only. It's the best way, but even it can be cursed. Only a moron woould ship 2 day.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Rick

Not to mention your shipping at the absolute worst time of year.......penny wise....dollar foolish......

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    You poor dear. Discus people ship FedEx Priority Over Night only. It's the best way, but even it can be cursed. Only a moron woould ship 2 day.
    Totally agree. Shipping now right before the holidays isn't smart either.

OP.. basically you were lucky it worked before.. but this is the risk when you get "thrifty" on your shipping costs..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Offer presented itself so I figured I could save some extra cash and get my kids a little extra for Christmas. They liked them so I tried to get them and got burned by USPS. So now I will have to get some more after the holidays for them and make it a late Christmas present.
    They shipper did have overnight shipping I just couldn't afford it at the moment.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Thats horrible, im so sorry this happened to you.
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

I bought some Discus of ebay from a dealer and they were all dead when they arrived in freezing cold water...It was overnight delivery so they had been sitting in a freezing cold van overnight with only 1 heatpack for company...Got a refund and bought off a different bloke but again, the delivery was only 8 hours late but freezing cold water with 2 heatpacks in this time and had a 2nd refund...I use the DPH Holland site as well (which is all but abandoned these days) and was telling one of the admins about my troubles and he put me on to a pro who sorted me out...I ordered 6 Discus and he put me 9 in and also threw in a big hardback Discus book for free AND it was same day delivery, picked up in the morning and delivered just after lunch.....Mind you, the size of my country is so tiny you could get anywhere from one end to the other in the same day, not like your massive states!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast