ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Reason Not to Ship Discus USPS

Default Re: Reason Not to Ship Discus USPS

Quote Originally Posted by warlock4169 View Post
    F' IT!!!!!!!!

i will just pay extra for SHIPPING!!! this thread is STRESSING ME OUT!!!!!!!

LOL
    Rod you crack me up
    Scott from Cincinnati Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by mmorris View Post
    LOL I thought this was your excuse for getting off track.
    I use welding oxygen.
    Martha, I haven't gotten this priority mail thing figured out yet and I feel like I have traumatized Daphne enough with sending her dead stinky fish. I was thinking I'd send her some fish the way everyone sends discus to get her fixed up and say thanks. Then I am thinking I will put one fish at a time into a heated box where the ambient air is kept at ~84 degrees. Then I can monitor the fish in the bag. If I see it looking bad I can take it out of the bag. I figure I need to be able to keep them going at least 5 days this way. Then I will try in a shipping box with a heat pack that's setting outside on the back porch. I am going to have to get a different brand of heat packs though. I don't trust these things I got. About the welding oxygen, I have been reading and it appears that there are 4 grades of oxygen. While they sell them by grade and at different costs, they all come from the same manifold. They are all the same. Now isn't that a racket. Welding oxygen and medical oxygen and aviators oxygen all come from the same place when the tanks get filled. Read up on safety of oxygen use before using it. Oil is very flammable with oxygen.

I use welding O2 as well. Seems like I heard somewhere that the main difference between medical O2 and welding O2 was the medical O2 has moisture in it and the welding does not.

Quote Originally Posted by yim11 View Post
    I use welding O2 as well. Seems like I heard somewhere that the main difference between medical O2 and welding O2 was the medical O2 has moisture in it and the welding does not.
    That's what I saw also. But the moisture gets added with a moisturizer as it is used in the hospital. The tank itself is still no different than any other grade.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

I use welding too, as far as I know the med. oxy. TANKS are cleaned, seems that if a tank is used out side the hospital, it's never allowed to go back again, or something like that.

Back in Holland I had a tank from a friend working in the hospital, he could give me a new full tank but could never get mine refilled again,

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Hughes View Post
    I don't think I've ever owned a fish small enough for a breather bag.

I'm impressed with the dime size discus though. Between the bag and the temperature I'd say that would equal a DOA.
    I also ordered 6 of Joe's Wild Tefe/Red combinations via aquabid out of curiosity. Per Joe these had no pigeon blood in them. They were shipped overnight via USPS. Upon arrival the box was soaked and one of the bags had burst soaking the container and killing the fish. Clearly a problem with how they were packaged and shipped. It's been about two weeks since receipt of the 5 dime sized fish. They seem to be growing well and are about quarter size now. One is a slight red hue with the others looking like wild tefe's. Joe's policy is to credit on a future order in place of a refund. Not real happy about that since I probably won't order any more.
    Last edited by gwrace; 01-26-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213