AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Death Row Dogs

Real Name
    David

Default Re: Death Row Dogs

Thank you all for the suggestion to rescue. On Wednesday, January 29th, we rescued a 26 month old female AKC registered English mastiff, named Sara. She just had her first litter of puppies weaned off her & was skin & bones when we got her. Our previous English mastiff was registered as a fawn, but technically a silver fawn (tan with a few white specks on the tips of her fur and no black anywhere but mask) with only fawn bloodlines at least 4 generations back. Sara is also registered as a fawn, but has various colors in her lineage (fawn, apricot, brindle & reverse brindle), so she has some apricot & black specks on the tips of her fur & a black streak on her tail. I keep wanting to go wash her tail off.

This is Sara's condition, after a bath, the night she came home:

I got up to go to the restroom last night & walked back into the living room to see this (below photo). I think she feels comfortable with us. She's already starting to gain weight back. Her rib cage is not as noticeable & she's getting some definition back in her legs.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; 02-09-2014 at 01:20 PM.
    tnaqua.org member
    No aquatic creatures were harmed in the creation of this signature, although a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Real Name
    Sheila

Ian,

I am very busy with dog and cat rescue. I agree with you. People should see the dead animals removed from shelters every day. I don't think anyone "mass drowns" cages of dogs anymore but if they did, that would be a real eye opener and should be a big hit on Youtube. Spaying and neutering needs to be pushed and pushed.

The ones that make me the most troubled today are the pitbull breaders. The most euthenized dog at shelters today are pitbulls. It has nothing to do with their temperment. They are being bred by anyone who thinks they can make a buck. Many end up at the shelter by the time they are a year old.

Susie

Real Name
    Sheila

Ian,

I am very busy with dog and cat rescue. I agree with you. People should see the dead animals removed from shelters every day. I don't think anyone "mass drowns" cages of dogs anymore but if they did, that would be a real eye opener and should be a big hit on Youtube. Spaying and neutering needs to be pushed and pushed.

The ones that make me the most troubled today are the pitbull breaders. The most euthenized dog at shelters today are pitbulls. It has nothing to do with their temperment. They are being bred by anyone who thinks they can make a buck. Many end up at the shelter by the time they are a year old.

Susie

Real Name
    Sheila

She is lovely. I bet she is one happy girl now.

That's so great that you gave her a home! You changed her world.

Real Name
    Chris

What a lucky dog. I am so glad that she got a wonderful home.

Chris
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."~ Mahatma Gandhi

Every animal deserves the right to love and be loved. Great Job ! !

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeiMan View Post
    Every animal deserves the right to love and be loved. Great Job ! !
    So if your house was to become crawling with cock roachs, rats, and snakes you would welcome them with open arms?

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Registered Member

I am wondering about these old as the hills thread and those who pasted 1,000, 2,000 or more times back then and now no longer. John_Nicolson, for example, more than 8,000 posts. I never see anything from him any more.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678