ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wild Cuipeua Group

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Wild Cuipeua Group

They look great Larry and should continue to look even better over time. Are they convert to RO yet and if so, did you see any changes in the fish?
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by YSS View Post
    I must have missed this thread altogether ....

Looking very good Larry. Thanks for the update.
    Thanks Yun. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    They look great Larry and should continue to look even better over time. Are they convert to RO yet and if so, did you see any changes in the fish?
    Thanks Pat. All three of my 125 wild tanks went to R/O just a soon as I installed the system so it has been about 4 or 5 weeks now. I do think I see a difference in them but you know we see them everyday and the changes are pretty gradual so it may just be me. The reds and blues tanks have both been running less than 6 months so the changes on them could be attributed to them still settling in but the green tank has been running with the same fish for over a year now so those changes are not attributed to settling in. The colors on them are a lot more vivid and in general I feel like they act happier. Hard to describe, just a feeling. My TDS from the tap is around 60 so the only big difference with the R/O is the PH. I have gone from around 7.0 out of the tap (not bad) to 5.5. Since these guys have spent their whole lives in the lower PH, I have to believe they are happier with it than the 7.0. I guess time will tell. I am moving the location of my fish room in the basement in about 10 days and when I do, I have a new (used) 120 that I will be setting up. My plan is to split the reds at that time keeping half in the current 125 and the other half in the 120. Going on the thought that wilds need more territority than domestic, I hope that this and the R/O will encourage some pairing. We shall see.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Larry, excellent idea to split the fish between tanks for a lower population density. In my discussions with Nandi he feels there is a larger chance for success with breeding in a large tank with a lower bio-load and perhaps why the Tefe spawned in the 230 (despite the water parameters not being true to their native waters). I should also add that Attila's heckel tank is 125 with 6 heckels.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Mauro

Another great looking wild discus setup. Nice Cuipeuas. Congrats and thanks for the update pics and video.

Gold Member

Larry those are some awesome wilds.Really want to see those in person

Quote Originally Posted by texasdiscusman View Post
    Larry those are some awesome wilds.Really want to see those in person
    We will see what we can work out. I'm a little over an hour from the Show hotel (1 1/2 during traffic) so it may be very difficult during the show. Maybe we can work something out. Of course, some of these guys you will see in person..............at the Show.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Registered Member Discus Origins's Avatar

The group looks great Larry, you have done a great job!
    Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12