AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Dieter Untergasser "Discus Health" Confirmed to speak at NADA 2012

Default Dieter Untergasser "Discus Health" Confirmed to speak at NADA 2012

Hello Mr. Jerry Baer,

thank you for Your Email and the invitation to the show of NADA. I could change an appointment in my schedule, so I am free during 22nd to 24th of June 2012. I would like to be speaker during the show.

Thank you very much.

With best regards,

Dieter Untergasser
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain

Default Re: Dieter Untergasser "Discus Health"

Hell yeah! I'm glad this worked out! I've always wanted to see Untergasser speak!

Thanks!!!
    -jim

Gold Member

A.He should be a awesome speaker.So there will be two speakers on health and disease.Be a great time to do a wet lab presentation

Real Name
    Francis

That's great news.......who's the other speaker on health & disease?.......Dr Roy Yong or Dr Francis Floyd .
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Here is Dieter's Bio.

Dieter Untergasser was born August 14th, 1950. As a nine year old child he started with a 100 liter aquarium and hatched different fish species. At 15 his parents gave him a 300 liter aquarium and he hatched several species of Cichlids. During this time his interest in fish from the Amazon grew.

After his time of military service in the German air force he bought an aquarium containing 750 liters and started to breed fish. At the age of 25 he married Helga who had the same interest in ornamental fish. Then Dieter started to study fish diseases and to examine fish health. He wrote two books, Handbook of Fish Diseases and Discus Health.

After their two children were grown up they started professional breeding of Discus and now have about 70 aquariums between 100 and 1200 liters. They are planning on expanding to 90 aquariums in the near future.

During the last 15 years, Dieter has published more than 100 articles in several languages. He has produced four films about fish healt, microscopy, and fish diseases. Since 1995 Dieter has been employed for the Sera Company as seminar manager. His functions are to orginize seminars and make lectures, produce video films and to write articles for aquaristic magazines and the Sera News.

In 1990, Dieter was elected "Consultant of Fish Disease" of the VDA, the German association of aquarist with 25,000 members. At the same time he became the scientific leader of the "Study-group of fish diseases" in the VDA.

During the years of 1980 and 1984 Dieter received 8 awards for microscopical photography from the "Association of German Biologist". Dieter has been a member of this association since 1982. In 1994 Dieter became a member of the "European Association of Fish Pathologist".
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Default Re: Dieter Untergasser "Discus Health" Confirmed to speak at NADA 2012

Jerry, Good Job ... The quality of Speakers for the NADA show is just going to be AMAZING !!!

Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    Jerry, Good Job ... The quality of Speakers for the NADA show is just going to be AMAZING !!!

Roberto.
    My sentiments exactly.

Geez, this is so close to me & I will be in Myrtle Beach that week :-(
    “Be curious, not judgmental.”- Walt Whitman

I read his book back in the early 90s. The information is still viable and a must read to any discus keeper. Ed

This should be good
    "There was no spoon"