AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: The Xinguary

Default The Xinguary

Hi guys,

i will post here the plans of my new fishroom. I do not have too much space, but as i can see on my first plans, i can build an around 4k liter system.
    The main plan is that i want to raise xingus to adult size, and after they have reached the 1,5-2 years age, will select new breeding pairs.
    therefore i prefer bigger keeping tanks, and i dont want to make 50x50x50 cubes to breeding.
    i hope i can finish around the next spring. It woud be good due to the 2nd generation of F1 will be reach the 1,5 years, and i can begin to select pairs from this, and the older group.
    Next time i will post come autocad plan of the last version.
    feel free to comment, and give advice, if something is wrong, or if it should be better another way.
    Generally im planning 1 central filter system with the combination of normal filter filled with siporax, and a floating bead filter filled with K1 media.

KisA
    The Xinguary

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: The Xinguary

Andras, definitely looking forward to your fishroom plans.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Fred

Looking forward to seing your plans.

This should be interesting for many of us !!!

Cheers,

Fred

Intresting....

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOS Crew Texas
    Show Committee for NADA 2014 AUSTIN TX

Now that everyone's watching... :

Here are some pics András sketched up the other day about the fishroom he has in mind.
    I don't want to waste too many words on explaining what's what, from the drawings everything's pretty obvious.
    The important thing is that it will be a centralised system, but it can be separated into a smaller and a bigger system, if needed. The reason for the central system is that there will be no fish entering the Xinguary from outside and so far it seems that all the wilds and the F1's in the current tanks are all free from gill-flukes, the rest we don't worry too much about. The other reason is the large water volume. We like it and seemingly so do the fish.

The fishroom is basically a small storage space with a radiator and a window on the shorter wall, opposite the door and the two racks go on the two longer walls, with the shorter rack on the side of the door. There will be a massive central filter, plus another one in the second row of the short rack. 150 and 250 gal water-prep. tanks outside in the heated garage.

This is the plan so far, we'll see what András can make of it. We talked the entire system through once, everything seemed to be well in place.

top_view.jpgshort_wall.jpglong_wall.jpgcross_section.jpgfiltration_idea.jpg

Any questions... Bring them on!

Nandi
    --=== LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT ===--

Hi everyone,

The past year or so passed without any really significant events, but this does not mean that we had nothing brewing in our magic cauldrons. András' fishroom project has been set back by some unforseen events, yet this delay is not something any of us should feel bad about as the wilds and all the F1's are doing well, and are perfectly acclimatized to their new home by now. There are pairs forming and breaking up, there is a constant stream of eggs, sometimes at the most insane locations in the main 1000L-tank upstairs and on one occasion there were 6 pairs guarding eggs or fry at the same time in there.

Due to the increasing interest in our project and in our fish we decided to join forces for real and try to cater for people's needs for domestic, yet authentic Xingús. We decided to carry on with the breeding project we planned over a year ago and try to create a few lines that have not existed yet.
    As most of you who have followed our updates are aware, to this date we raised F1's to adulthood from two wild pairs - A and B. The next step will be trying to catch fry from another wild pair and to cross some of the F1's with unrelated wild fish. Currently there is a pair that consists of male B and a stunning F1A female and another one that are formed by wild C male and wild D female. The wild C x wild C pair did not work well and they split up in the end. We would also like to cross wild A male with an F1B, but to be honest, I'd really like to see a dad x daugher crossing too. We'll see what happens.

And what is it that's boiling? Well, I leave you hanging for a while on that, the only hint I can give is that I'm planning something with a total volume of some 15.000 liters (~4000gal). Just an experiment.

Our website will soon go live at www.xinguary.com, it will contain all the information one may want to know about our project and about our fish in detail. This does not mean that we will neglect this lovely community here though. On the contrary - we hope that it's just the matter of 6-8 weeks before we're back on track and rolling. Until then...

Ya'll be good!

Nandi
    --=== LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT ===--

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Geez Nandi, what a tease...looking forward to updates.