ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geo and Angel pics

Real Name
    Matt

Default Re: Geo and Angel pics

I lost most of them during some tank issues Ryan, along with a few discus. This is my lone survivor and he is a terror to the discus surprisingly, was fine up until about a month ago. The original plan is the get rid of him yes because of his aggression towards my other fish and him being the lone fish, but maybe if I were to grow a few more out maybe the inter species aggression would overtake the aggression towards discus and angels? Not sure.

If you get some fry Ryan let me know. I could be interested in growing a few more out to see what happens.
    -Matt

Matt, if you ever need to get rid of him I'll take him. I'm not sure what my sex ratio is but I lost a few over the past couple months. I think I have 10 left. I have a male defending a big piece of fake log in my tank so I hope that means a spawn soon.

Real Name
    Matt

Before I left for work today this guy wasn't looking so good, but I can't do much until I get off work. He was just kind of sitting at the top, not reacting when i approach the tank and not chasing the others which is unusual. Not sure if its old age (bought them all as adults) or suffering water quality over the past few weeks due to work, though the others seemed just fine. Either way its always a shame to lose an adult wild like this. Looks like its a big WC day after work, fingers crossed. I will report more once I am off work!
    image.jpg
    -Matt

Hope all's well with that beauty when you get home.

Registered Member

Those are really nice fish, and pictures~!

Real Name
    Matt

Sorry to say, this guy didn't make it. Took some pictures of the body to show how big this angel was, if I didn't no one would believe me lol. The only thing I can think is maybe the Geo beat him to much and caused him to stress to death as his fins are a bit ripped up.

11 inches tall, and with trailers 7.5 inches long.

Heres one compared to my hand
    -Matt

Sorry to hear it. Are there other wild angels in the tank? My guess is another angel. My wild angels were brutal. I had 12 in a 150 and they picked themselves down to 2.

Real Name
    Matt

There are 2 others Ryan. Only reason I blame the geo over the other angels is I saw the geo go after fish in that tank before and the other 2 angels were always getting chased by this one angel. This was the king of angels/discus....but the geo throws his weight around the best.
    -Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12