AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Online Discus Source?

Registered Member

Default Best Online Discus Source?

What's the best place to get discus online (Good discus, good prices)?

Default Re: Best Online Discus Source?

Any of the sponsors here at SD

Real Name
    Matt

Agreed ^.

But you have to be quick. Simply Discus is like a bottomless pit and somehow no one ever runs out of tank room so the discus go fast! haha
    -Matt

Registered Member

Has anyone ordered from great lakes discus recently?

I went to thier sister store, CHOICE AQUARIUMS, and was not too impressed. The sales staff and Cary gave me wrong info on plants... but then again, plant knowledge and discus breeding are two different things...
    Last edited by Yassmeena; 08-15-2008 at 01:20 AM.

Where are you located?

Discus Hans is in Maryland and Kenny is in Cali, between those two its a start, Hans has 6 to 8 THOUSAND discus on hand, you should be able to find a few....
    Mark

Kenny @ KENNYS DiSCUS or Mike Beals @ CO DiSCUS and Dan @ GULF COAST DiSCUS are the ONLY ones i can recommend currently for Quality .cutting edge discus with great prices and best customers service from all the sponsors on this site.
    iM CURED FROM THE DiSCUS ADDiCTiON .. GETTiNG OUT THE HOBBY ..

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Agreed ^.

But you have to be quick. Simply Discus is like a bottomless pit and somehow no one ever runs out of tank room so the discus go fast! haha
    LOL, I know! I need to find out where they get their money tree seeds from.
    Daniel - If I had a swimming pool, it would probably end up as a fish tank.

What you described for Cary does not seem right. That is not Cary at all. Cary always has great discus and knows his information. Your best bet is check out the sponsors here on simply. You will see from there website or by contacting them if they have the strains available you are looking for.

ps. Discus Hans only does wholesale not retail. But you can find one of his distributors to purchase from unless he has changed his policy.

Registered Member

Right now IMO the best 2 out there are Mike Beals & Kenny...... I have bought from just about all of them out there.....Can't say enough about those 2......

Registered Member

Yassmeena,

Sorry to hear you were not impressed. but to be very honest here We are at the bottom of the barrel. for the most part we are out of discus. we cannot keep most in stock. in about 2 more weeks we will have a new shipment. So maybe then you can give us another try.

As for Your plant Info! I would only talk to bernie he is our expert in live planted tanks and plants! however I highly dought you received wrong info from me and a few other guy's and if I'am not mistaken i do know who You are and IMO You have lots to learn. There are many ways of doing things with plants and discus Basically there are not many Rules just many ways of doing things.

HTH
    Takecare
    Cary Gld!

Registered Member

I have had dealings with Cary and Greatlakes in the past too and he has always supplied quality discus and has been very knowledgeable.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valik View Post
    I have had dealings with Cary and Greatlakes in the past too and he has always supplied quality discus and has been very knowledgeable.

I know... as I said, it was just the plants issue. Bernie is great, in fact he's the best, when he's around.

Cary's discus, which I saw in person, also looked healthy and beautiful, and his prices are very fair.

Registered Member

Yassmeena,
    Like I told You before! You are more then welcomed to vist the Hatchery! The discus may cost a bit more but they are very well Worth it! what You seen at the store were what was left of are brown base stock rts,ss, not much color! But here at the Hatchery I have lots of older stuff with full color well hope this helps

takecare
    Cary + family

Mike Beals of central ohio discus is a great place to get discus. This is the only place that I get discus from. He lives close by (2hrs), and is always there to help. He was suppose to get in a new shipment in yesterday, so check out his site.

Registered Member

Kari-I would LOVE to come see your hatchery. I'm new here just as of today and have been researching discus. I have one in my 55 gallon but am wanting more now! I'm 1-2 hours west of Farmington Hills and am wanting to make the trip!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast