AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Ditch the ITCH !!!!!!!

Default Ditch the ITCH !!!!!!!

Do you use Frozen or Freeze dried BLOODWORMS? Are you one of the many hobbyists that experience rashes and welts, difficulty breathing and various other respiratory problems when you use BLOODWORMS? Do actually wear Gloves when you feed the fish because you are allergic to the Bloodworms?

I understand dedication to your fish but WHY torture yourself??????!!!!!! I know your Pain...I used to be in the same boat....Thankfully a few years ago I tried Mal's Australian Freeze Dried Blackworms and they were just what the Doctor Ordered. ..Heck I liked them so much I started selling them 2 years ago and still do. No Itch and a great food for my fish...Perfect!

Bloodworms are the larval form of an insect known as a midge...and they have been associated with allergic reactions for years as such. Many people start off as not allergic and yet with exposure become allergic... why deal with it? There are many alternatives to feed your fish! And since I represent one excellent one of these I would like to suggest that you consider trying our Freeze Dried Australian Blackworms.... Your fish will love them, and your eyes and skin will as well. Blackworms are an aquatic worm...not an insect, and they lack the pigment associated with the allergy response....so whats that mean in ENGLISH?

DITCH THE ITCH!!!!!!

Stop feeding Bloodworms and Start FEEDING FREEZE DRIED AUSTRALIAN BLACKWORMs The Choice of course is yours as to what you feed... however...if you are allergic to Bloodworms , please avoid them..The risk of adverse reactions is really not worth it.

...so Ditch the ITCH today people and start feeding a food that is good for your fish and not bad for your Allergies! Ditch the ITCH!

Regards,
    AL

Ps..Legal mumbo jumbo....This infomercial has been brought to you by Aquaticsuppliers.com, Distributor of Australian Freeze Dried Blackworms in The USA and Canada, and by the owner of Simplydiscus.com and Simplydiscus LLC, as well by brewmaster15 ...aka the head honcho of the forum.
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 04-21-2014 at 07:23 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Default Re: Ditch the ITCH !!!!!!!

oh my gosh. funny to see this post!
    i'm allergic to bloodworms. i didn't even know it was that common- i thought it was a rare thing that i reacted sooo badly to them! it's my ONLY allergy too...
    ha. ok, blackworms it is.

Every once and a while I like to bring this up.. If you use blood worms... frozen or freeze dried and get itchy eyes, have trouble breathing, asthma or get raised welts or Hives.. Thats a sign you may be allegeric to Blood worms and you should be careful...the reactions can get stronger... and you can actually go into anaphylactic shock just as with a bee sting if they are severe enough.

Search the net for blood worm allergies .... its a real problem to be aware of.

Our Freeze Dried Blackworms are totally unrelated to bloodworms and there have been no reports of allergies. If you are looking for an awesome product to replace the itch.. try our Freeze Dried Blackworms. Your Fish will love them and you won't be left all itchy and weezy!

Thanks,
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Some scientific abstracts and articles on Bloodworm allergies

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2877067/

Bloodworms, which are larvae of chironomids (also called freshwater midges), are often used as fish food or bait. Although chironomids can be found in Europe, North America, and parts of Asia, allergies to them are mainly due to their use as fish food. Individuals at particular risk of chironomid-induced allergy include fish farmers, fishermen, pet shop owners, and others who keep fish or work with fish [1], as in our patient's case.

There have been a number of previously reported cases of hypersensitivity to chironomids [2-4]. With the increasing popularity of aquariums, allergy to chironomids may become less of a novelty and become something clinicians should be aware of when searching for the cause of a patient's atopic symptoms. Indeed, intradermal allergy testing of 718 asthmatic children with a Chironomidae extract in Japan showed 27.9% of results to be positive, suggesting that atopy to chironomids is one of the most common inhalant allergies in Japan [5].
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2475042/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2241583/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9777536/

If you currently feed Freeze Dried Blood worms or frozen ones, You should be very aware of allergic symptoms in both yourself and your family members.

and if you are looking for an excellent alternative...GIVE AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried Blackworms a try.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com