ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: is this diet good enough?

Default is this diet good enough?

is feeding discus beefheart and freezed dried black worm only good enough? if not can someone please post a link as to what else i can add to their diet. i would like food that wont alter their colors please =]

Default Re: is this diet good enough?

a good flake would be something I'd add (I feed Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef, and Bill's beefheart flakes). also, of note, I firmly believe in feeding frozen brine shrimp regularly! not for nutrition, but for fiber/regularity . I had some bloat with my prior Discus, but have found that brine shrimp really help things 'move along' LOL. and if you have some reds, I think I recall someone mentioning Tetra Color bits to enhance colors.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how much I have to learn." ~Charles Schultz

-Trish

Registered Member

You get bloat from over feeding flake food. Color bits are fine but will messup read fish. ( turns them orange). you can add SPIRULINA MICRON POWDER to your beefheart mix. But yes all you need is a good beefheart and flake ( prime reef) and ALs fdbw. to grow out babbies and young adults. If your near the cost fresh shrimp is good as well Jerry

Ps keep ther water clean

Quote Originally Posted by deepflyball View Post
    You get bloat from over feeding flake food. Color bits are fine but will messup read fish. ( turns them orange). you can add SPIRULINA MICRON POWDER to your beefheart mix. But yes all you need is a good beefheart and flake ( prime reef) and ALs fdbw. to grow out babbies and young adults. If your near the cost fresh shrimp is good as well Jerry

Ps keep ther water clean
    for the shrimp can it be raw shrimp it get at the grossery store?