AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NADA Convention, Altanta - who's going???

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Default Re: 2012 NADA Convention, Altanta - who's going???

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    Normally there are a few stray boxed floating around, but I would start looking for them when you first get there. They usually disappear in a hurry.

-john
    I can't chance that John LOL how would I get the Discus home if I didn't have somthing to put them in......
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Contact a local fish store to see if you can get one from them.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Real Name
    Matt

I plan to bring all the styro boxes I have. Cleans out the garage and gets them out of my hair, and so people can use them....LOL
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by JenTN View Post
    Do we normal peons buy tickets to the convention or to the banquet too, or is the banquet just for people with fish in the show? I am confused??
    There are several different things you should register for and all links are on the Show Website. You will definitely want to reserve your hotel room. You will want to be at the Show Hotel!! From the time you wake up to the time you choose to go to bed, there will be people hanging out and talking discus. The $50 NADA Show registration gains you access to the speaker sessions. The Awards Banquet is Saturday evening. It includes a nice meal, one of our speakers will give a talk and the winners of the Discus Show will be announced and the awards will be handed out. It is well worth the $45 price. Registering for the banquet prior to the Show is encouraged. Andrew Soh will be teaching a special course . There is a thread here in the NADA Show section on Simply going into some detail about this course. This course will be held Friday before the Show officially begins. The registration price of this course is $150. I will add that this is the lowest price this course has ever been offered at. The only other registration fees are for the Discus you plan to bring and enter in the Show.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Registered Member

I am planning on making our reservations this week coming. My husband and I are looking forward to the show and we know that we will be going home with a lot of inspiration for the future.
    Looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Sharyn

Quote Originally Posted by Bugman View Post
    There are several different things you should register for and all links are on the Show Website. You will definitely want to reserve your hotel room. You will want to be at the Show Hotel!! From the time you wake up to the time you choose to go to bed, there will be people hanging out and talking discus. The $50 NADA Show registration gains you access to the speaker sessions. The Awards Banquet is Saturday evening. It includes a nice meal, one of our speakers will give a talk and the winners of the Discus Show will be announced and the awards will be handed out. It is well worth the $45 price. Registering for the banquet prior to the Show is encouraged. Andrew Soh will be teaching a special course . There is a thread here in the NADA Show section on Simply going into some detail about this course. This course will be held Friday before the Show officially begins. The registration price of this course is $150. I will add that this is the lowest price this course has ever been offered at. The only other registration fees are for the Discus you plan to bring and enter in the Show.
    Thank you, I will not be showing any discus but I will be there! I now have a babysitter, yay! I already have my hotel reservation :-) I guess I can bring my discus books that are on order with me to be signed. I headed down a slippery slope fast!
    Last edited by JenTN; 02-17-2012 at 04:08 PM.

I would not mind going as well. Sounds like a great experience and as mentioned, but some faces to the folks at SD.

Drive or fly, now thats the choice. 12 hour drive from me.
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

12 hours for me also, but it allows me to bring back fish easier if I chose to.

-john

SOS Crew Texas

John, what is the schedule for the judging class? What day and times so I am sure I am there on time.

Rod
    Rod Clement - SOS CREW NJ

Trip in planning stages -- will be flying because my family is coming with me. We're coming in the week before so we can see Atlanta zoo and the aquarium then they will babysit and revisit places while I go to NADA convention is the plan right now...

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOS Crew Texas
    Show Committee for NADA 2014 AUSTIN TX

It will be a FULL day drive from the Washington DC area for my wife and myself, but we're looking forward to it! All the really remarkable outstanding speakers, the banquet, and all the fish and all the conversations, how could a discus hobbyist miss it? I wonder how "our" NADA convention (I can say that because I joined NADA last year) compares to some of the international shows we hear about, such as in Prague, Singapore, etc? On a par? Less attendance? Better attended? Some of the regulars on Simply must have attended some of these international shows.

It will be great to put names to faces. One of the great things about this forum, and NADA, will be to get a fuller sense of the community, and also of course, to learn more about these beautiful fish.

Quote Originally Posted by roclement View Post
    John, what is the schedule for the judging class? What day and times so I am sure I am there on time.

Rod
    I have not checked with Larry but we will be in the room at the same time as the show judges. We will probably also have an informal get together before to cover some of the ground rules.

-john

SOS Crew Texas

Sooo if we get there on Friday by noonish we shoul dbe OK?

Rod
    Rod Clement - SOS CREW NJ

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Im going to enter myself Im big 6+ spotted (freckles) and nice blue eyes........LOL..........Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Quote Originally Posted by roclement View Post
    Sooo if we get there on Friday by noonish we shoul dbe OK?

Rod
    yep, but its not like you can pass the test anyway...LOL.

-john

SOS Crew Texas

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast