ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My 12 wildcaught discusfish in 1000 litres of water.

Registered Member Wildcaught dutchman's Avatar

Default Re: My 12 wildcaught discusfish in 1000 litres of water.

Here a extre long version of my discusfish.Hope for Second Hand Pat he is pleased now.

hi & welcome! LOVE your Discus - what are the single-bar type? really nice collection!
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how much I have to learn." ~Charles Schultz

-Trish

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Yes Marc, super nice collection and thanks for the extended video. BTW I'm a girl
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Beautiful Discus.. love them, and a planning on building my self a 1000 liter tank my only problem is that i can decide how to keep the tank clean, that is with the filteration system.. could you help me out.
    and is your tank a glass or acrylic tank?

Thanks again all.

@Shoveltrash:I don"t really understand what you mean with single bar type.You mean heckel discusfish??I had in the beginning that is true.But i sold this one because he was too agressive and didn"t fit well in the group.

@Second Hand Pat:You are welcome and sorry that I thought you were a man.In the future I will call you she.Ok???

@yusufm52:My tank is made of glass.I let the left and right side covered with triplex to provide the fish a more quiet environment.I think they like that more.About the filtration:I use a sump and also an Eheim professional 3 e.The eheim pumps 1700 litres each hour and the pump in my sump pumps 3400 litres in an hour.The eheim pump cleans the water most.I have to clean it sometimes ones and often twice a week.This is because the water comes in the Eheim professional from under and the water in my sump comes from the surface fo the water.

Shoveltrash:I don"t really understand what you mean with single bar type.You mean heckel discusfish??I had in the beginning that is true.But i sold this one because he was too agressive and didn"t fit well in the group.
    I must've missed this when looking at your pg 1 photos, sorry! went back & reread......I love the look of that Heckel (I'm not familiar with wild strains, sorry). too bad it didn't get along.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how much I have to learn." ~Charles Schultz

-Trish

No problem Shoveltrash.Ir surely was a beautiful discusfish but he was so agressive.The rest couldn"t swim in the right side of the aquarium.He attacked the others really hard.Now I have also a few territorial fish but that is nothing compared to the former heckel.This heckel swims now about 1 km from my house.So when I wanna see him I can if I phone my neighbour.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hey Marc, no problem, the name Pat can go either way gender wise.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Today I made some new pictures and a vid.The quality of this is less because I changed my lights.I only use grolux now.

And the video of today:

Hi Marc,

I really like the fish and the setup. ou mentioned using just the plant roots in the tank. Would you mind explaining that some? I assume you are just letting roots from a living plant dangle into the top of the tank, but what kind of plants are you using and how do you support the plant? I wanted to do something similar but didn't really know how to go about it.

Len

Len

@Len S:You also have very nice discusfishes indeed.Sometimes photos say more than words.Also my English is not that good.The plant I use is a very popular plant in The Netherlands.He grows rather quick and I bought three of them in a shop where they sell plants for in the house.It aren"t waterplants but they grow very good when you put them with the roots iin the water.You have to remove the earth very well before to put them in the water.I think when you see the next photos you will see enough.Photos were from the beginning.Now the plant is much bigger.Hope you know by seeing the pictures which plant it is.Good luck!!

Love your discus. The plant is a Pothos and they have it in America too. That is so typical of all the people here in the Netherlands, they always say " My English is not so good" or "I can speak a little English" and it turns out you speak English just fine.
    ~ Pete
    any advice I give is just that, advice. I say it because it's what works for me.

@dpete9:Thnx mate for the compliments according to my fluent English..Fijn zo een schouderklopje.Lollllllllll.(DUTCH)

Thanks for the photos, I appreciate it. I do recognize the plant and will definitely be trying it. Also your English is fine. I would be lost if I had to try Dutch

Len

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast