ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Correct use of Gram Scale

Registered Members

Default Re: Correct use of Gram Scale

hey sorry too high jack I bought a gram scale a few week's ago didn't know what the tar feauture was for used it once by question is pat how did you calibrate I can't read the direction's as they are too small fot it on e-bay for 9.00

Registered Members

after reading your feature your must be a much better and more exspience 1 than mine as i.c your came with a 10 gram weight too calibrate mine didn't and most likely don't have that feature

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jacobsmith

In most balance scales you can use tare button to adjust your scale at zero before taking any measurement. And known weight method is best for calibration and you can also calibrate it with coins which have fix weight.

The "Tare" option is right, it "zeros out"/negates the weight of the container so your weighing just the meds. A good scale should have standards weights to verify calibration. I like my small DigiWeigh (Digital Scales TM) scale and use the small plastic cups normally used for cough medicine for the container. This scale has 50 gram and 100 gram calibration standards. It's a good idea to check the calibration of the scale every once in a while just in case it drifts. Good luck with your Discus. A scale is much easier, and more accurate, than trying to figure it out by measure size.
    Last edited by DISCUS STU; 08-18-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12