ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Micro bubbles" even in aged water?

Default Re: "Micro bubbles" even in aged water?

Quote Originally Posted by magewynd View Post
    I was laughing so hard I could of pa$$ed *as that settled on the floor.
    Sorry, that´s the best of "Google translate" at this time, but i´m happy to make you laugh
    I think on the other thread most of us were talking about tap water and Ione is using RO and doesn't have to worry about chlorine.
    It is not about my water, but a completely different, right?
    So it does not matter what kind of water I use.
    By the way, I use RO water with tap water, so I must be sure that it contains no chlorine, as well as everyone else have to.
    Last edited by Ioan C.; 04-11-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ioan C. View Post
    it does not.. matter what water you use..

but it does matter.. if you do not have experience on a subject when some else is needing information..

just like you posted in the NITRATE thread..

Hi, some of you write that Nitrate is too high. Can anyone explain exactly why?
    Please do not answer my question if you do not know the answer.
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

I have not asked the question because I do not know the answer, but because I know it very well!
    It is for you, and for everyone else, almost impossible to prove that 10mg nitrate /1L (10 ppm) is harmful for adult discus.
    Do it if you can, and I will change my mind, and maybe so will many scientists, too. You're then a famous man.
    Last edited by Ioan C.; 04-11-2012 at 10:32 AM.

I have not asked the question because I do not know the answer, but because I know it very well!
    What u have done is confuse people with ur post... Or Maybe its jus translation problem...

Better yet.. Maybe introduce ur self... To sd.. U have been a member since 2010.. But posted first time a few weeks ago..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

With all due respect, you do have have a lot of knowledge and experience to share. You said you never had chlorine in 20 years. So in twenty years you probably have not used a lot of dechlor products. Maybe? We were talking about a specific product we use, plus a lot of us in the States have to deal with chloramines. 25 years ago before I left the hobby all I had to deal with was chlorine. When I came back a few years ago if someone hadn't mentioned getting something that also treats chloramines I would have killed a lot more fish than I have with the other live and learn mistakes I've made. I was going to ask you if RO removes chloramines. I did a Google search. Some say yes, some say no. Some say a double carbon block. I don't know because I haven't had to do a RO setup yet. But we were talking about tap water and Prime in that thread. Somewhere in all of this I don't think we are talking about the same problem so we come up with different solutions, some that may not apply.

Sorry, that´s the best of "Google translate" at this time, but i´m happy to make you laugh It is not about my water, but a completely different, right?
    Steve T

chop meat, carry water

You said you never had chlorine in 20 years. So in twenty years you probably have not used a lot of dechlor products. Maybe?
    That´s right.
    I was going to ask you if RO removes chloramines.
    No, it does not, and that´s for sure.
    Some say a double carbon block.
    Yes and no.
    Activated carbon, in any form, not only as a block, oxidized chlorine and makes it harmless for the RO membrane, if you use enough of it!
    Chlorine destroys the RO membrane.
    But we were talking about tap water and Prime in that thread. Somewhere in all of this I don't think we are talking about the same problem so we come up with different solutions, some that may not apply.
    If you smell chlorine in the water, or suspect it is there, always add water conditioner one hour before the water change.
    What differences are there between our opinions?
    It was only natural that you can not pour the primer into the aquarium, but the water that is prepared for the next water change.
    I'll not be here a few hours, but that will not disturb you, probably, I strongly suspect.
    I can not wait to read your reply with much interest when I'm back here.
    Last edited by Ioan C.; 04-11-2012 at 11:18 AM.

It was only natural that you can not pour the primer into the aquarium, but the water that is prepared for the next water change.
    was that what the OP was talking about?!?!?!

no.. she had put water INTO the tank Straight from TAP not water storage tank.., so your answer did not apply..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Thanks for the answers[QUOTE=Ioan C.;879785]
    What differences are there between our opinions?

And you wrote
    "If you smell chlorine in the water, or suspect it is there, always add water conditioner one hour before the water change."

She never said she had smelled chlorine but that she had forgotten to use Prime (the product). I don't know what primer is but we were talking about Prime. Seachem has said that it works almost instantaneously and the poster said she added Prime after 15 minutes when she remembered and the fish started to recover. We were not talking about smelling anything, but about using a specific product. Have you used Seachem Prime? Your answers have been good but they don't apply to what is being discussed. We are way off topic now and discussing in another thread. You have right to an opinion but they haven't been applying to the subject or the original questions asked.
    Steve T

chop meat, carry water

This:
    "If you smell chlorine in the water, or suspect it is there, always (That means: now and in the future!) add water conditioner one hour before the waterchange." (to the water you prepare for the next waterchange. You have no reason to find clorine in the Aquarium if the fishes was ok before, so it was only natural that there is no reason to pour the primer into the aquarium, but into the water that is prepared for the next water change, in a separate tank.)
    was not an advice for what to do at the time i wrote it, but for the future, so this mistake cannot happen again.
    My subjekt was clorine and Seachem Primer!!
    Quote Originally Posted by krislewis3 View Post
    My 4 juvies who I've had for 3 months are suddenly dying after my water change this morning!...The fourth one is now acting more normal....I think it had to be the chlorine, and my delayed use of the prime!! ....All tests show the water as normal...no ammonia etc.....
    The thread starter describes symptoms that lead to the conclusion that in his fresh added water could was chlorine, and he used Seachem Prime.
    krislewis3´s subjekt was clorine and Seachem Prime!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by warlock4169 View Post
    did you add prime/or other de-chlorinator....you added water with chlorine into the Tank .. then when you noticed they were being affect by CHLORINE POISON.. you added prime..?!1. your fish were probably suffering from Chlorine.. Adding water conditioner to REMOVE chlorine will do NOTHING for the water you ADDING During water change.. not before, UNLESS You are talking about AGED water in another tank
    This is not correct, because:
    ...Seachem has said that it works almost instantaneously.
    So, the conditioner will remoove clorine even during the water change.
    warlock´s subjekt was clorine and prime/or other declorinator!
    magewynd´s subjekt was Seachem Primer!
    !

My subjekt was clorine and Seachem Primer!
    krislewis3´s subjekt was clorine and Seachem Prime!
    warlocks´s subjekt was clorine and prime/or other declorinator!
    magewynd´s subjekt was Seachem Primer!
    !
    ...You have right to an opinion but they haven't been applying to the subject or the original questions asked..
    Are you sure?
    We are way off topic now and discussing in another thread.
    just like you posted in the NITRATE thread..
    This was the first try to get us "Of topic",
    You said you never had chlorine in 20 years.
    And this was the second.
    It was not my intention and i am sorry for getting off topic.
    Last edited by Ioan C.; 04-11-2012 at 06:54 PM.

IOAN..

now your are bring ANOTHER THREAD into this thread??!! you still make no sense.. sorry..

but as i said... earlier.. SASHA has not been back..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

You are talking now aren't you?

Like I said before you have good information, But like below when you gave advice for something that might happen in the future you confused the situation for what needs to be dealt with immediately to help the poster. She had already realized she had forgotten to use the conditioner. When you chimed in further on the specific product when Skip and I were already trying to help her find the most effective way to use Prime, it further confused matters.

i don't know if you are familiar with it, but it's like the term "we weren't all on the same page."

Just my opinion.

I did learn more for myself about using RO from this discussion for my own future endeavors.

This:
    "If you smell chlorine in the water, or suspect it is there, always (That means: now and in the future!) add water conditioner one hour before the waterchange." (to the water you prepare for the next waterchange. You have no reason to find clorine in the Aquarium if the fishes was ok before, so it was only natural that there is no reason to pour the primer into the aquarium, but into the water that is prepared for the next water change, in a separate tank.)
    was not an advice for what to do at the time i wrote it, but for the future, so this mistake cannot happen again.

Are you sure?
    Steve T

chop meat, carry water

Steve don't encourage him.. LOL>.

he should have posted that YESTERDAY!>>! we i asked him to clear it up about that post.. AND KRIS problems have nothing to do with SASHA's..

he wasn't even in the SAME BOOK.. much less same page.. LOL!!!!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Ya, I know.
    Steve don't encourage him.. LOL>.

he should have posted that YESTERDAY!>>! we i asked him to clear it up about that post.. AND KRIS problems have nothing to do with SASHA's..

he wasn't even in the SAME BOOK.. much less same page.. LOL!!!!
    But Sasha has some wigglers about to free swim, LOL. On another thread.

Same page, same book ,same forum? Don't even think about Skip, I'd have no place else to go.
    Steve T

chop meat, carry water

I have expressed my opinion clear enough and I have nothing more to add.
    Last edited by Ioan C.; 04-11-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Umm did we ever come up with what causes the tiny particles? because last week I was experiencing the same thing in one of my tanks (but not in the other two) - although I could not see particles in the water but a fine dust was settled on the bottom of the tank after feedings. The fish never acted any different and looked good so I did not change what I was doing - just took a wait and see approach (I do a 90% daily change on the tank that was having the issue and just kept that up, oh I did do additional wipe downs - usually every 3rd day and went to every other day) now this week I am not seeing the settling on the bottom of the tank (its BB). I use a mix of aged tap (with prime) and r/o - my water is stupidly hard (thats what I get for living in a town settled because of the rich lime deposits lol) Anyhow I was just curious and if it does happen again I will take a few pics and post them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast