ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Quick check in!

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Default Re: Quick check in!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    LOL, its a secret! No, I use bio starters to cycle my filters, WHILE fish are in tank. Been using that method over the past few years now. Many people don't use it properly because they test the water and low and behold, there is ammonia, there is nitrites and they change the water. NOT the way its supposed to be used. Its a little risky, never lost any fish but one day I might! I haven't done an ammonia filter cycle in a long time! Probably harder than EVER to get clear surfactant free ammonia here in Spain anyways!
    Eddie, remember my experiment a few years ago with Miracle Gro fertlizer to get the cycle started? I bet most here have forgotten that it did indeed work! I haven't had to use it again but I would if I needed to. Good luck with your new tank of fish, soon to be.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyAngels View Post
    Hey there Eddie, a big hello to you from your hometown. It sure has been awhile since we last chatted, hope Spain is treating you well my friend. We'll need to catch up one of these days, in the mean time eat some Tapas for me okay!!

Take care.
    Jorge! Hey there my friend! Good to hear from you and it has been a long time. Spain is great but gonna get better when I get my fish! LOL Catch up with you later!

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Eddie, remember my experiment a few years ago with Miracle Gro fertlizer to get the cycle started? I bet most here have forgotten that it did indeed work! I haven't had to use it again but I would if I needed to. Good luck with your new tank of fish, soon to be.
    Barb
    Hey Barb, I definitely remember that! Its an option for sure! Thanks for the reminder!
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Best of luck ramping back up Eddie... fingers crossed that you find some beauties from the local supplier(s)!

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose View Post
    Best of luck ramping back up Eddie... fingers crossed that you find some beauties from the local supplier(s)!
    David! My friend, I am doing some research and I found another supplier in Madrid that is pulling in a lot of Wayne NG fish. He's got some Reflection Ds but they are super small. I might pick them up. I rather go for my type of fish than the available size. Besides, I love growing me out some babies!
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

Hey Eddie-
    Welcome back. I'm new but been a SD lurker for about 10 mo and I always learn something from your posts. Your advice posted for others has many times saved me huge headaches (most likely saved my fish a headache also). JWTS Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by applekrate View Post
    Hey Eddie-
    Welcome back. I'm new but been a SD lurker for about 10 mo and I always learn something from your posts. Your advice posted for others has many times saved me huge headaches (most likely saved my fish a headache also). JWTS Thanks
    Glad I have been able to help you, even with me being out of the box for over a year now. Glad to be back and READY to get some new stock!
    Visit Eddie's Place

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234