AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crawling back after Cryptobia - new 3-d setup

Default Re: Crawling back after Cryptobia - new 3-d setup

Hello Don and thanks to the link to your thread. Wow! I'm very sorry about your fish/silicone/background issues and thankful you didn't leave the hobby altogether. Looks like you came out the other side with flying colors. Very nice 'main' tank and I like your fish room too!

So here we are 6 months since the last post. How about an update with some fish pics? Any luck with your breeders? Hate to see those tanks go empty.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbicidal View Post
    Hello Don and thanks to the link to your thread. Wow! I'm very sorry about your fish/silicone/background issues and thankful you didn't leave the hobby altogether. Looks like you came out the other side with flying colors. Very nice 'main' tank and I like your fish room too!

So here we are 6 months since the last post. How about an update with some fish pics? Any luck with your breeders? Hate to see those tanks go empty.

Thanks!
    I was up at Hans' place yesterday ~ checking out his pairs. He knows what I want and so I'm just waiting for him to come up with a confirmed pair. So far in my main tank, 8 months now with the new fish, I've had zero health proglems and so am happy that I've erradicated whatever came to wipe me out. The fish I have don't seem particularly interested in pairing, which is why I'll be picking up a confirmed pair.

Glad to hear everything is going smoothly. Whew! Good luck with a pair once you have them. And when you get a chance, please post up some new pics!

Real Name
    Ricardo

any update on the tank Don?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

I would like to request an update also. How is your background holding up. Would you do anything differently after maintaining this setup?
    ~ Dennis

I ripped out the background, got tired of cleaning behind it. Sold it on Craigs List. Right now I'm down to one breeding pair of Red Turqs, and at present about 50 2-month old fry.

Real Name
    Tony

Thanks for sharing your great set up, Don. I use similar to your vacuum flex hose with pvc on my none-drilled tank. But my clean in water hose connect to the up side down T connector that means in-water on top, vacuum and drain hoses on both sides.

««««««««««« please excuse smart phone poster error »»»»»»»»»»
    My Fish Space
    300gallon Bare Bottom Tank [COMPLETED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "seek peace and pursue it"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12