AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stendker discus?

Real Name
    TONY

Default Re: Stendker discus?

What kind of discus is that soild orange and that pigeon? Very nice

Yep, April's on point. Fire Red & Blue Pigeon. "T"
    125g Tenecor - Cardinal, Serpae, Bloodfin, Redeye, Phantom & Pristella Tetra - Ghost Shrimp - Raphael Cats - Stendker Discus
    Rena XP4, Eheim 2075, 2 A/C500, 2(250w) Ebo-Jagers / Jehmco Controller, 29g AGA-sick
    "Knowledge Gained & Not Shared Is Knowledge Lost"

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonytheboss1 View Post
    Yep, April's on point. Fire Red & Blue Pigeon. "T"
    How can you guys tell the difference between the fire reds and the marlboro?
    keeper of the fresh

Fire red are very red. Marlboros are more orange.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Fire red are very red. Marlboros are more orange.
    Thats it? I thought it was the white pattern or something. Because fire reds most of the time look orange to me. But i really like orange so its all good lol
    keeper of the fresh

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

Hiyas Matt,

In my pic the fish on the far left is a Flachen and the orange one is a Marlboro Red. The orange is VERY intense on a Marlboro, so if you love orange, that's the fish for you. If you're more of a red kinda guy, go with the Fire Reds...they'll knock your socks off. LOL

That pic doesn't show off my cobalt, it was a wee little thing when that was taken, but I can tell you that if you like vibrant, almost electric, blue the cobalt is an awesome fish. The flachen is a lot of fun to grow out (from 4" to adult) because they are fully patterned and then lose the pattern as they grow till there's nothing left but some facial markings and a bit of color marking on their fins.
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryblonde View Post
    Hiyas Matt,

In my pic the fish on the far left is a Flachen and the orange one is a Marlboro Red. The orange is VERY intense on a Marlboro, so if you love orange, that's the fish for you. If you're more of a red kinda guy, go with the Fire Reds...they'll knock your socks off. LOL

That pic doesn't show off my cobalt, it was a wee little thing when that was taken, but I can tell you that if you like vibrant, almost electric, blue the cobalt is an awesome fish. The flachen is a lot of fun to grow out (from 4" to adult) because they are fully patterned and then lose the pattern as they grow till there's nothing left but some facial markings and a bit of color marking on their fins.
    Ha cool. What about a blue diamond?
    keeper of the fresh

Real Name
    TONY

BTW 'Toni', I love your avatar!!
    125g Tenecor - Cardinal, Serpae, Bloodfin, Redeye, Phantom & Pristella Tetra - Ghost Shrimp - Raphael Cats - Stendker Discus
    Rena XP4, Eheim 2075, 2 A/C500, 2(250w) Ebo-Jagers / Jehmco Controller, 29g AGA-sick
    "Knowledge Gained & Not Shared Is Knowledge Lost"

Registered Member

got a kobalt, blue pigeon and a silver pigeon from Hans. The fire red is next on the list. When I went to the lfs that sells discus from hans..they had 2 silver pigeons and 2 fire reds. I only got the 1 silver pigeon..just couldn't pull the trigger on the fire red..hopefully. If they're there still will pick one up.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Etek View Post
    got a kobalt, blue pigeon and a silver pigeon from Hans. The fire red is next on the list. When I went to the lfs that sells discus from hans..they had 2 silver pigeons and 2 fire reds. I only got the 1 silver pigeon..just couldn't pull the trigger on the fire red..hopefully. If they're there still will pick one up.
    Cool man tell me if you get the fire red
    keeper of the fresh

Quote Originally Posted by tonytheboss1 View Post
    You can't go wrong with Hans!! "T"
    Your pigeon reminds me of mine that unfortunately passed =(. It would of grown to be just like this.. minus a bit of peppering. Whats the name under hans' site? Mine was from rocky mountain and he called it a pearl pigeon.

Real Name
    Francis

Hi Matt....Marlboro Red originated from Thailand .....a famous breeder Kitti Phannaitthi created the MR after generations and generations the peppering are erased from PBs and having the MR in a magnificent red color .......I am not familiar with Stendker stains so I cannot tell you the genetics of the Fire Red.....imo looking at those two strains.....the face of the discus will tell you more looking at pics in this forum.

hth

Quote Originally Posted by mattsoccer20 View Post
    How can you guys tell the difference between the fire reds and the marlboro?
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    Hi Matt....Marlboro Red originated from Thailand .....a famous breeder Kitti Phannaitthi created the MR after generations and generations the peppering are erased from PBs and having the MR in a magnificent red color .......I am not familiar with Stendker stains so I cannot tell you the genetics of the Fire Red.....imo looking at those two strains.....the face of the discus will tell you more looking at pics in this forum.

hth
    Wow thanks for the info
    keeper of the fresh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12