AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help now now now.....please

Default Re: Help now now now.....please

I am not familiar with permeate. What is it? Or permeate with what? Is something permeating in or out of the water?

In the U.S. most of the larger metropolitan areas now use chloramine in the water. Aging alone does not dissipate this like it would chlorine. I have found for myself it I treat with Prime (Seachem product) the water in my aging barrels and don't use it in a few days bacteria will start to grow in the barrels defeating the whole purpose of doing a water change. This I why I add the Prime to the tanks just before I refill with the aged water. I also age the water to dispel gasses, settle the PH and raise the temp to just below my tank temps which is also 84 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ioan C. View Post
    Yes, they do sometimes, if it is necessary, not only in Germany, but in other countries to, ex.: Romania.I keep several hours, or days, 220 L (58,117g) Fresh water from the tap in a ton of polyethylene, so that the gases can escape. In a same large ton I keep 220 ​​L permeate.
    In a 175 L (46,23g) barrel the fresh water is mixed to permeate at approximately 250μS/cm (about 8 ° dGH) and heated to 29 ° C. (84.2 °F) After about 30 min - 1 hour i put it in the aquarium.
    In the past 20 years i never had chlorine in my water.
    Steve T

chop meat, carry water

Kris,
    I'm glad they are looking better. As you can tell, they may be a few ways to do things. Hang in there, I still am.

Quote Originally Posted by krislewis3 View Post
    Next morning.........they seem ok!!!! Once again..your help was greatly appreciated!!!! Kris
    Steve T

chop meat, carry water

Quote Originally Posted by magewynd View Post
    I am not familiar with permeate. What is it? Or permeate with what? Is something permeating in or out of the water?
    Hi Steve, permeate is the pure water that goes through the osmosis membrane.
    A very small rest of other foreign particles, may be 5-7% of the total hardness is pasing through it, so so that between 3 and 20 µS/cm can be measured electrically, depending on the quality of the membran, pressure or temperature.
    Last edited by Ioan C.; 04-11-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krislewis3 View Post
    Next morning.........they seem ok!!!! Once again..your help was greatly appreciated!!!! Kris
    great to hear Kris..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Okay. This is an RO system? Do you still treat for Chlorine?

I am lucky that I don't have to use RO. I have been able to raise fry to adults, have them pair and spawn with eggs that hatch in my local water. I haven't tested for hardness in a few years since I was having no problem with eggs hatching. I have domestics. I think if I had wilds I would have to use RO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ioan C. View Post
    Hi Steve, permeate is the pure water that goes through the osmosis membrane.
    A very small rest of other foreign particles, may be 5-7% of the total hardness is pasing through it, so so that between 3 and 20 µS/cm can be measured electrically, depending on the quality of the membran, pressure or temperature.
    Steve T

chop meat, carry water

Quote Originally Posted by magewynd View Post
    Do you still treat for Chlorine?
    No, i don't. I never did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123