AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Fishroom

Default My Fishroom

Consolidated my fishroom which was spread out in the unfinished basement. It is now all in one large room which makes the maintenance a lot easier. 2 -125 gallon, 1 -120 gallon, 1 - 75 gallon, 5 - 60 gallon, 1 - 55 gallon, 4 - 40 gallon and 10 - 20 gallon, 1285 gallons total. 2 - 330 gallon totes and 1 44 gallon brute for storage. Here is a video of the room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCzFC...ature=youtu.be
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Default Re: My Fishroom

Your fishroom literally takes a _ _ _ _ on my LFS.... nice job, must be some task maintaining it. That wild tank at 0:40 the blue and red discus is really something. What kind kind of discus is that?

Larry...

What an awesome fishroom... WOW!!!

are all the tanks hooked up to their own filtration or do you have a sump for each rack?

Thanks for sharing,... looks great!!!!

Thanks for posting that, Larry. You have a beautiful setup. Not that an old pro like you wants any advice . . . I've found that a piece of vinyl baseboard from Home Depot works great to block light glare from the florescent fixtures. I've screwed it on the framing holding the fixture, and it saves the eyes from the blast of light.

I see you don't heat your space, since you've got heaters in all the tanks. What's your thinking on that? I always thought that people with so many tanks in a fish room opted to just heat the space to 84 degrees instead of heating each tank. Thanks again for posting, I'll see you in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mep1127 View Post
    Your fishroom literally takes a _ _ _ _ on my LFS.... nice job, must be some task maintaining it. That wild tank at 0:40 the blue and red discus is really something. What kind kind of discus is that?
    Not too much work. I spend about 1 to 1 1/2 hours everyday doing water changes, cleaning and feeding. It is a stress reliever for me though. That is a Wild Cuipeua Royal. Royals have the full striations running across the length of the body. The solids are Cuipeua's also.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoysport View Post
    Larry...

What an awesome fishroom... WOW!!!

are all the tanks hooked up to their own filtration or do you have a sump for each rack?

Thanks for sharing,... looks great!!!!
    Most are just on sponge filters. The bigger tanks have canisters and or HOB. The 120 has built in overflows so it has a sump under the cabinet. It has only been running since Saturday so there is a seed sponge filter in it right now. In several years I will retire and we will move and build a house in rural Ga. I will build a real fish room at that time that will be properly plumbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Don in Virginia View Post
    Thanks for posting that, Larry. You have a beautiful setup. Not that an old pro like you wants any advice . . . I've found that a piece of vinyl baseboard from Home Depot works great to block light glare from the florescent fixtures. I've screwed it on the framing holding the fixture, and it saves the eyes from the blast of light.

I see you don't heat your space, since you've got heaters in all the tanks. What's your thinking on that? I always thought that people with so many tanks in a fish room opted to just heat the space to 84 degrees instead of heating each tank. Thanks again for posting, I'll see you in Atlanta.
    LOL, I have been using old cut up lengths of cardboard to shield the lights. Just haven't gotten around to it with the new set up. I'll check out the vinyl baseboard. I could use something a little more polished and durable. My basement is completely unfinished and the ceilings are about 11'. Before this room, I was spread out in the basement and there was no chance of heating the space. I could actually close off this room I'm in now and may consider something different this winter, even if it is just partially heating the room and supplementing with the tank heaters. I think it is probably cheaper in the long run if you have the option of heating the room.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President

I see some empty tanks along the back if im not mistaken reserved for future pairs?
    Dave Z!
    NADA MEMBER
    Visit my homesteader page http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...hiladelphia-PA

Very nice collection you have ther Larry!

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenrack View Post
    Very nice collection you have ther Larry!
    Thanks. I'm enjoying them.

Quote Originally Posted by ockyra215 View Post
    I see some empty tanks along the back if im not mistaken reserved for future pairs?
    I do have some empty tanks. Hopefully some pairs to come. Wish list is several wild pairs, at least one each green, blue and red. 3R2's but they have a lot of growing to do. LPH face spotted super eruptions, rafflesia melons and I would like the Cobalt to pair with one of the two Cobalt SS. Pretty big wish list. Lol, if my wish comes through I will have my hands full and what tanks I have wouldn't be enough. Will take them as they come. I can be pretty patient.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President

Registered Member Darren's Discus's Avatar

Looks great and some very nice fish as well.
    Cheers
    Darren Burgess
    Townsville Queensland Australia
    townsvillerocks@gmail.com

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Very inspiring Mr Bugg Love the set up ...................Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Real Name
    Kim

Awesome!

Very nice set up!

Nice job larry i can wait to see it very nice blue rams!

Thanks, are you here in Atlanta or coming to the Show? When are you coming out?
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President

1285 gallons total
    holy cow!!!!!
    very nice......looks like a fantastic set up
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how much I have to learn." ~Charles Schultz

-Trish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast