ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black worms

Registered Member roundfishross's Avatar

Default Re: Black worms

as for the worms ...no comment. however I would strongly advise against pre soaking food in any kind of meds because your paranoid about the food being tainted. this is always a bad idea, only medicate sick fish not healthy ones!
    Leo ross , aka "roundfishross"
    "revolution occurs when the victims cease to cooperate"

Why no comment about worms as a staple? I presume that's a negative take as that's how it comes across. Thank you for your advice about the other.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusDrew View Post
    Why no comment about worms as a staple? I presume that's a negative take as that's how it comes across. Thank you for your advice about the other.
    Nope nothing deragatory about the fdbw at all!!! Just dont like to speak outside of personal experience. I have never used them. presumptions tend to be like assumtions they make an *** - U - ME (*** of you and me)

It was more just a question and I was stating how it comes across when people say "no comment". The use of that phrase in a lot of instances has a negative connotation. Thanks for actually sharing why you have no comment. May I ask what you use as a staple?

I would never use any food as staple. Variety is the key. How about some steak for 6 meals a day?
    Marte

" do not fret too much over it. Just let me know how many pieces did not make it, and i will credit it back in the next bill "

I'm not a fish and my dogs eat the same food twice a day but point taken What I mean is I usually feed the same food twice a day with the 3rd and 4th meals being something different. The food I feed twice a day consistently i'm referring to as a staple.

all my discus get beef heart mix and assorted flake foods daily. totally agree with Marte variety is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by DanCBW View Post
    What about Blackworm Flakes or Blackworm Pellets compared to Cube or Loose Freeze Dried?
    I read tons about Flake Foods through out a lot of Forums, what are the pro and cons of Flake foods
    over Freeze Dried, Frozen and Live?

Dan
    i havent seen or heard of any black worm flake.but due to cost of blackworms i dont think it would be a cost effective ingredient.but if u make it people will buy it and price will determine how fast .
    mike
    37gal comm
    55 discus growout
    75 african cics

Quote Originally Posted by cjr8420 View Post
    i havent seen or heard of any black worm flake.but due to cost of blackworms i dont think it would be a cost effective ingredient.but if u make it people will buy it and price will determine how fast .
    Its not so much the Worm cost as it is to Next Day ship the worms. Which that two to four times the value of the worms will be gone on the shipping. Yes cost will determine.
    We're working on Blackworm Flakes and floating Pellets now.

Dan

Registered Member
    Real Name
    YX

Sinking pellets would be awesome

Registered Member

live blackworms has been a staple food for my discus and all my fish. matter of fact, i usually only feed live blackworms. and occasionally bloodworm when i run out of live foods. been doing this for 5+ years without a problem. feeding live food is just cleaner. and i dont have a problem keeping the blackworms alive. and i used to get them pretty cheap at $10 a pound when we used to have groupbuys. but now i get them at my local fish store but this time at a lil higher cost. i know lots of people are against live blackworms cuz the sworn its what killed their fish. but i keep my worms super healthy and clean. and never had a problem what so ever and will continue to feed blackworms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12