AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPONSORS!!! Looking to make an order, stock, shipping? Help me help you!

Default SPONSORS!!! Looking to make an order, stock, shipping? Help me help you!

Hello to all you sponsors out there, I am looking at making a purchase of about 6 new discus (depending on what we can work out shipping cost wise). I need to know who has good solid stock at the moment, lots of potential strains im interested in but its so tough to justify high shipping cost with a purchase like this sometimes, so Im hoping some of you have some specials going on or can work with me a little. I have been looking at Kenny's Discus but he is currently out of stock and Han's discus but they want 100 to ship which I understand why but good lord thats hard to spend when it could buy you another discus! Haha, Im hoping I can find some of you with some good quality stock to offer, price not being the issue necessarily within reason. Thanks for your time!

Default Re: SPONSORS!!! Looking to make an order, stock, shipping? Help me help you!

shipping cost is high due to Volume of water .. 8lbs per Gallon.. materials and the fact that it can be at your house cross country in less then 24 hrs..

just think of it as being cheaper then driving..

ps.. you have 3 good sponsors over there in Cali.. Chad Hughes, Kenny and John's Discus.. thats pretty darn good..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Default Re: SPONSORS!!! Looking to make an order, stock, shipping? Help me help you!

Chad Hughes? I know the others and am seriously considering both as they both have fantastic stock and are willing to offer free shipping for the order im looking at placing.

This is something that you may want to discus with sponsors here through PM or emails.

Just saying..

In the process of doing so, just figured it would be a good way to find out who has stock at the moment that might be of interest, many of them have PM'd me or e-mailed.

just so you know.. "free shipping" is not a norm.. just don't think EVERY sponsor does that.. nor should they..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

did you Check with Johnatthan ? he has free shipping to if you bought certain amount of fish

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ing-Lucky-Draw
    Henry
    Back to Discus grin:

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusDrew View Post
    Hello to all you sponsors out there, I am looking at making a purchase of about 6 new discus (depending on what we can work out shipping cost wise). I need to know who has good solid stock at the moment, lots of potential strains im interested in but its so tough to justify high shipping cost with a purchase like this sometimes, so Im hoping some of you have some specials going on or can work with me a little. I have been looking at Kenny's Discus but he is currently out of stock and Han's discus but they want 100 to ship which I understand why but good lord thats hard to spend when it could buy you another discus! Haha, Im hoping I can find some of you with some good quality stock to offer, price not being the issue necessarily within reason. Thanks for your time!
    Hans was offering you a great deal with his shipping prices. He would be taking a loss on shipping. Shipping a box of fish with Fedex across country would cost around $130 to $170 depending on the weight and box size. And that's with the box being shipped at FedEx Standard OvernightŪ. It would cost even more if he shipped it to arrive earlier in the day. Shipping costs are ridiculously high due to the high fuel costs.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusDrew View Post
    I need to know who has good solid stock at the moment, lots of potential strains im interested in but its so tough to justify high shipping cost with a purchase like this sometimes, so Im hoping some of you have some specials going on or can work with me a little. I have been looking at Kenny's Discus but he is currently out of stock and Han's discus but they want 100 to ship which I understand why but good lord thats hard to spend when it could buy you another discus! Haha, Im hoping I can find some of you with some good quality stock to offer, price not being the issue necessarily within reason.
    Checkout each individual sponsors section to see what you like. They are all quality stock. This really isn't bartertown so if you want to try to work some deal out, it was mentioned to contact that sponsor directly.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Whoa whoa whoa everybody, please slow down, perhaps I should make more clear my intent. I am not bashing anybody, nor the neccesity to charge an appropriate amount for shipping. Shipping fish is expensive and I do not expect ANY business to take a loss. Because of the locations of some of these businesses relative to where I am they are able to offer it, and that is an INCREDIBLY kind notion. I do not EXPECT that all of these businesses provide free shipping by any means. Im finding the best deal I can with the budget I have and that is the only goal here. Please guys, there is no reason to get defensive for these businesses, they are all respectable and incredible businesses and nobody including me is discounting that. So please just help with good suggestions where you've gotten good stock and consider reputable? Im not quibbling about shipping cost, Im looking at all my options and seeing what will work best for me. Thanks guys. -Drew

Hi Drew... you are on the right path. Kenny should have a new shipment very soon, its already May. He sometimes has deals where you buy x amount of the same exact fish strain and its free shipping for them plus whatever you add to the order is free shipping as well. I'd be patient and wait for his next shipment.

Registered Member

I just think of shipping as part of getting good fish. I gave Kenny a budget and we worked with that to include the shipping. You can't look at the shipping as the cost of another fish you don't get. Its about getting good quality fish that will thrive. Plus EXCELLENT customer service.
    We all judge, it's what we do with our judgements that make us who we are.
    Margaret

Even just talking with Kenny and seeing pictures I think you guys are right and it is well worth the wait to receive his fish and his care. But Im pretty tempted by Johnathan's stock as well. He has some beautiful fish and so far has been great to deal with.

Registered Member

Doesn't it seem any of the fish sponsor here have Great standards? I mean look who the competition is. I believe whomever you chose to get your fish from will be great to work with, with great customer service.
    We all judge, it's what we do with our judgements that make us who we are.
    Margaret

So far that is exactly how it seems, I mean really the only other place I'm considering is Rocky Mountain Discus that isnt a sponsor here. I would have never found these other places without this forum and I am SO appreciative. Its allowed me to get into the hobby how I want to with the quality grade that I couldnt achieve through other avenues. It truly is a blessing and very much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast