AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPONSORS!!! Looking to make an order, stock, shipping? Help me help you!

Default Re: SPONSORS!!! Looking to make an order, stock, shipping? Help me help you!

I bought mine through Kenny and I cannot say a single bad thing about him, his shipping or his discus. The discus I bought were bigger, better and with shipping cost less than the discus at my LFS.
    IMO the expense of shipping should never be a factor in whether to buy a SD sponser's fish or fish from the LFS because you get better fish and usually for less money than at the store.
    ANY of the sponsers here have quality fish, they have been vetted by SD memebers who buy their stock so just find the discus you like and contact that sponser by PM about shipping costs.
    OC
    Visit my homestead....Discus Living with the OC

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: SPONSORS!!! Looking to make an order, stock, shipping? Help me help you!

This is false economy. Shipping costs X number of dollars. Sponsors are not making any money from shipping. I often do airport pickup and pay the actual freight myself. If you get an offer of free shipping, that amount is simply built into the price of the fish. You may do better by finding someone local willing to share the cost of a box.

Good luck, Willie

Thats a good idea, I hate living in Spokane, WA there just arent many fish people period it seems, let alone discus nuts. I have a nationally known pleco breeder (Barbie) but thats about it and shes a GREAT resource and brings in discus for me but not everything I want and I dont think she actually keeps them herself in her 1500 gallons at home. So I wish I could, guess I gotta start giving the fish people I do know the discus bug!!!

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Hello Mr. Drew, what you need to do is go through the sponsor section and see what they have to offer with prices and quality ask a lot of questions like, what breeder, where are they from, how do they quantine the fish, What medications they were given prior to shipping to the US, sometimes you think they come from one country and they come from many different ones and ship to the US as one breeder. So make sure you ask lots of questions and take your time......Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by warlock4169 View Post
    just so you know.. "free shipping" is not a norm.. just don't think EVERY sponsor does that.. nor should they..
    Lol ***

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and Homesteader TNT77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joeymac View Post
    Lol ***

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Tara Bennett
    Phone: 815-876-0516

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12