ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Artificial Rearing of Fry

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

Default Re: Artificial Rearing of Fry

I have many wigglers tonight but they are all on the bottom of the hatching tank. This may cause them to be deformed, we will have to see. I couldn't get a good shot with them on the bottom. I will try to do videos after I get them to the enamel pans.
    Kraig

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Kraig, would love to see pictures of your setup.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Pat nothing to brag about. The hatching tank is in the above video. I will try to shoot videos of every step if we get that far. If not there is a next time.
    Kraig

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    I still use the egg powder with some APR. Jack Wattley was getting his brineshrimp eggs at one time from Andy Schmidt(OSI) located
    in the San Francisco Bay Area, now Bing Seto only uses Kordon eggs only for his new born fry.

http://badiscus.3.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=34
    Cliff, Bing is back to breeding?
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Cliff, Bing is back to breeding?
    Hi Eddie,
    What I meant was when Bing was breeding he used the Kordon. Bing called me up awhile back after talking to Dick Au, he was looking for a 10 gallon tank for
    his grand kid for her pet mice, so I don't think Bing is back. His hatchery was converted to a living space for Stacy(youngest Daughter).

Take Care!
    Cliff

Registered Member

Wow Bing Seto is still raising Discus. Hook me up please.[/QUOTE]

Most of Bing's Discus were sold to someone in New York, I will still have some of his Discus's bloodline untill I relocate.

Cliff

Hi Eddie,
    What I meant was when Bing was breeding he used the Kordon. Bing called me up awhile back after talking to Dick Au, he was looking for a 10 gallon tank for
    his grand kid for her pet mice, so I don't think Bing is back. His hatchery was converted to a living space for Stacy(youngest Daughter).

Take Care!
    Cliff
    Ah okay....I was gonna say, would be nice!
    Visit Eddie's Place

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Ah okay....I was gonna say, would be nice!
    Hi Eddie,
    Have you hear the name Murasaki before in Japan. He was an exporter in the San Francisco Bay Area, he said 1000 Discus each month were sent in the 90's to Japan,
    when Murasaki downsized many of his Red Discus and were sold to Bing. Then there were the Dirk Schlingman Discus that Bing bought too, also at that time
    Fairly Lake Discus had some nice non juiced striated Discus, so Bing got those Discus too. Bing cross many of these Discus to develope his own strain.
    The development of his hatchery came from advice of Dick Au, Wilfred Fong, Richard Feiller and my self, Jim Quales later became the PR rep

Cliff

Hi Eddie,
    Have you hear the name Murasaki before in Japan. He was an exporter in the San Francisco Bay Area, he said 1000 Discus each month were sent in the 90's to Japan,
    when Murasaki downsized many of his Red Discus and were sold to Bing. Then there were the Dirk Schlingman Discus that Bing bought too, also at that time
    Fairly Lake Discus had some nice non juiced striated Discus, so Bing got those Discus too. Bing cross many of these Discus to develope his own strain.
    The development of his hatchery came from advice of Dick Au, Wilfred Fong, Richard Feiller and my self, Jim Quales later became the PR rep

Cliff
    That name sounds familiar. Bing had some of the nicest fish ever!
    Visit Eddie's Place

Thanks for sharing Cliff. On a different thread, maybe you could tell us about discus in the San Francisco Bay Area from the 70's through the present.

Steve

Hi Eddie,

Cliff
    Steve T

chop meat, carry water

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by magewynd View Post
    Thanks for sharing Cliff. On a different thread, maybe you could tell us about discus in the San Francisco Bay Area from the 70's through the present.

Steve
    No problem but since we are on this thread, these are the people in the Bay Area that have and maybe still are successful in artifical breeding, they
    are Alan Yee, Richard Feiller, Dick Au, Lenny Lebue, Bing Seto, Wilfred Fong and myself, I might have left out one or two but thats about all. These are
    breeders from 1970 to present, not many left out of this group, they are now in the AARP Group.
    Last edited by CliffsDiscus; 05-08-2012 at 11:02 PM.

No problem but since we are on this thread, these are the people in the Bay Area that have and maybe still are successful in artifical breeding, they
    are Alan Yee, Richard Feiller, Dick Au, Lenny Lebue, Bing Seto, Wilfred Fong and myself, I might have left out one or two but thats about all. These are
    breeders from 1970 to present, not many left out of this group, they are now in the AARP Group.
    I appreciate the old fish coming from there. I sure would love to see some of those old bloodlines.
    Kraig

Update on the fry. I have fry in a white enamel pan. Nearly lost them all when I sunk the pan in the tank it's floating in. I was able to recover many but not all. Never done that one before. I have started a couple jugs of brine shrimp and I hope to see free swimming fry later today. Mom and pop have found a solution to me yanking the eggs as they laid a large batch of eggs on the glass.
    Kraig

Video from two days ago. http://youtu.be/Hw0FV1hH_4s
    Kraig

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Come Discus View Post
    Update on the fry. I have fry in a white enamel pan. Nearly lost them all when I sunk the pan in the tank it's floating in. I was able to recover many but not all. Never done that one before. I have started a couple jugs of brine shrimp and I hope to see free swimming fry later today. Mom and pop have found a solution to me yanking the eggs as they laid a large batch of eggs on the glass.
    Kraig, suck them with an airline attached to a small length of hard tube. I've done it many times with my angels and works great. Best of luck rearing the fry.
    Jorge Q

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast