ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Good question about NADA show

Default Good question about NADA show

Do people sell fry/juvies at the show? If so, are tanks rented for this, how is it setup? I read around to try to figure out but haven't been able to. Thanks!
    “Be curious, not judgmental.”- Walt Whitman

Default Re: Stupid question about NADA show

Hi Jen, yes, tanks often can be rented, at least they did previously; sometimes in a rented room...you'll have to contact Larry or someone involved & check with them....I thought 'bout buying some fish from vendors, just dont' know who's goin' for sure & what they'll be bringing..(was hoping Hans would be there)....some of the guys also have fish in their rooms, similar to the ACA, but again you should check with the one's "in charge", lol, lol....(never know what the hotel will allow)

I look forward to meeting you there, too bad we're not a lil' closer, but then, Shiloh is not close to anything or anyone, lol.........however, once in awhile, I'm close to Nashville with a dog show, lol....& Murfreesboro has horse & dog shows....oh, BTW no ? is stupid, & this one certainly doesn't qualify, lol.....

Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

Thanks! This will be my first fish show of any sort ever I look forward to meeting you too! I hope to attend a dog show in one of those areas one of these days, in the next few years I plan on purchasing a retired show Doberman hopefully, but I don't have a fence at the moment. But I'm in love with a friend's retired racing Greyhound right now, so you never know!

You mean like this??? Hopefully she'll be showing in the fall in agility, did well at her first show, just need practice, lol...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

Yes, there are rental tanks available. You can find them on the registration page here.............http://nadaatlanta2012.com/category/registration/

There will be juvies and adults available. I know of several people that are planning on selling them at the Show. I know of at least one person that is bringing some adults for sale also. Along with these a lot of the discus that are entered in the Show are usually for sale.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Quote Originally Posted by korbi_doc View Post
    You mean like this??? Hopefully she'll be showing in the fall in agility, did well at her first show, just need practice, lol...
    She is gorgeous! Dobermans are my absolute favorite breed!!! Good luck with the agility, I would love to do it one day :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugman View Post
    Yes, there are rental tanks available. You can find them on the registration page here.............http://nadaatlanta2012.com/category/registration/

There will be juvies and adults available. I know of several people that are planning on selling them at the Show. I know of at least one person that is bringing some adults for sale also. Along with these a lot of the discus that are entered in the Show are usually for sale.
    Thank you! I am growing out fry, if they do well I will consider bringing some with me if there is an interest.

Default Re: Very Intelligent question about NADA show

Quote Originally Posted by JenTN View Post
    Do people sell fry/juvies at the show? If so, are tanks rented for this, how is it setup? I read around to try to figure out but haven't been able to. Thanks!
    Jen, This is a very good question. I'm sorry we haven't spent more time on this to date since it was one of my very few dissappointments with the first show. We have a set number of rental tanks at the show for people to bring any size fish to sell adults or juvies. Most tanks will be the standard 20 gallon size, but there will be a few 55 gallons as well. These will be set up along a sidewall of the large atrium where the show will be held. It will be really neat. Tank Rental is $20 for the weekend unless you are a NADA Show Sponsor then your rental tanks are no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by korbi_doc View Post
    Hi Jen, yes, tanks often can be rented, at least they did previously; sometimes in a rented room...you'll have to contact Larry or someone involved & check with them....I thought 'bout buying some fish from vendors, just dont' know who's goin' for sure & what they'll be bringing..(was hoping Hans would be there)....some of the guys also have fish in their rooms, similar to the ACA, but again you should check with the one's "in charge", lol, lol....(never know what the hotel will allow)
    Dottie
    I know the ACA does a rental room but NADA did not for the first show. I am the only person I know of that had fish set up in their room. I ended up taking most of them to the auction. I believe Kraig & Dan Espinosa(Elite Aquaria) had a couple of tanks setup in the showroom with a few fish which sold rather quickly.

I am so excited that y'all are considering bringing fish. This truly is what this show is all about. The promotion & expansion of the hobby with quality fish.

Thanks Again & See You at The Show
    Chad
    Last edited by Chad Adams; 05-16-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    Proud Host of the best Discus show ever in North America because of the people who came!!
    NADA Show Convention Atlanta 2012
    Member of SouthEast Discus Enthusiasts
    North American Discus Association Board Member

Thanks Chad! Well if my fry turn out to be worth anything, I will be more than happy to bring them, I have them coming out my ears lol. Best guess around 100 in this spawn.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2