ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: So , THinking of another Discus Challenge here at Simply...PLEASE READ!!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: So , THinking of another Discus Challenge here at Simply...PLEASE READ!!

Al, I know each batch is from a different set of parents but can two batches be entered with the same mom but different dads? I sort of expect a no go on this as I believe it is stretching the rules but only costs a nickel to ask
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Default Re: So , THinking of another Discus Challenge here at Simply...PLEASE READ!!

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Al, I know each batch is from a different set of parents but can two batches be entered with the same mom but different dads? I sort of expect a no go on this as I believe it is stretching the rules but only costs a nickel to ask
    HMMM>..I don't think its a problem Pat, as long as you document everything...Just remember its a commitment of another tank to grow out to adult as they would need to be separate.

hth,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Pat

I know Al, would give me five fry/juvie tanks. I must be a lunatic but plenty of foundation stock for the first generation of strain development.

Pat, Its easy to get burned out and over extend yourself (speaking from experience here ) be sure to leave yourself some breathing room.

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Pat

I will consider this very carefully Al. I do have an outlet for extra fry but you are right about extra commitment/tanks having more that one batch in the contest.

did the final set of rules ever get posted?
    There was talk a few pages back...
    -Josh
    TFCEC member
    http://www.tropical-fish-club-of-erie-county.com/

I would just like to point out to all the contestants you should start a new thread with every up date so that its easier for judges and everyone else to go right to the update. It will be easier to see where every one is at from up date to up date.
    JMO And good luck to all who are participating!
    Dave Z!
    NADA MEMBER
    Visit my homesteader page http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...hiladelphia-PA

Real Name
    Pat

Dave, so you want one post per thread? as opposed to just going to the last post in the log thread. If you have multiple spawns in the contest that could be quite confusing I would think.

if you have more then one spawn youd have to be a contestent twice right so you would have to have two entrys with different places to post updates. Sort of like in nascar one guy owns five raceteams but they are independent of each other he has 5 entries in the race or in this case competition. Even tho they have the same owner they all compete against each other. So if you have more then one group of fry in the contest you would need to enter it again different then the first group JMO ofcourse
    Last edited by ockyra215; 07-28-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    Dave Z!
    NADA MEMBER
    Visit my homesteader page http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...hiladelphia-PA

Official rules have been posted here....

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...612#post917612

To keep it from getting complicated I am locking this thread.THanks to everyone that gave their input and feedback here. I have tried to incorporate everyones ideas as best I could. Having raised many fry to adult, I used this as a reference point for my decisions in rules and guidelines.

Special thanks again go to Pat Husband for here help with the rules.

Thanks,
    Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920