ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: So , THinking of another Discus Challenge here at Simply...PLEASE READ!!

Default Re: So , THinking of another Discus Challenge here at Simply...PLEASE READ!!

I prefer the contests in the past

Default Re: So , THinking of another Discus Challenge here at Simply...PLEASE READ!!

I'm going to make the first offer to My Euro-friends. If one or two of my pairs spawn during that time frame I will donate 20 fry to anyone living in Netherlands, Belgium or Germany and willing to travel to Maastricht to pick them up.
    ~ Pete
    any advice I give is just that, advice. I say it because it's what works for me.

Al,

I would be definitely interested.
    I would also be willing to sell fry from the Ring Leopard/Fire Reds for 1/2 price as a donation to anyone entering this contest only. Hopefully this would make it more affordable to some. Could easily have a huge spawn ready to go during month of June/July for anyone wishing to enter.

Chad
    Proud Host of the best Discus show ever in North America because of the people who came!!
    NADA Show Convention Atlanta 2012
    Member of SouthEast Discus Enthusiasts
    North American Discus Association Board Member

I love that idea Chad, we need all fish in contest come from same source ... and i love your '1/2 price' ... I'm in this one ...

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by rdiscus View Post
    I love that idea Chad, we need all fish in contest come from same source ... and i love your '1/2 price' ... I'm in this one ...
    That is not what Al's opening post implied.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    That is not what Al's opening post implied.
    Right, I don't think the fish need to come from the same source, strain or anything like that.
    That way people from all over can enter.

Chad
    Proud Host of the best Discus show ever in North America because of the people who came!!
    NADA Show Convention Atlanta 2012
    Member of SouthEast Discus Enthusiasts
    North American Discus Association Board Member

So would you guys be game to allowing me to start this like now. The Tefe pair have a set of wigglers now which should go free swimming today or tomorrow. If they successfully attach could this spawn be part of this contest? Wouldn't it be cool to track a spawn of F1 Tefe from wild parents

I do have a short video of this spawn.
    Pat, I have no problem with starting this sooner.

Chad... Thats very generous my friend...thanks for the offer to the hobbyists near you.

I think you are misunderstanding my purpose here.. Its not necessary to have them from the same source for this contest. The fish will be judged as if they were at a show.. color, shape, size, pattern etc. This is not a contest to see who can grow the biggest and best from one spawn....... we did that in the first contest., and we did it again in the second. They were great contests.

This is to see who can take a group of fry from juvie to adult best and have these fish judged as if they were in a show. It also will show what it takes to actually do this, which for all thats often written here... few hobbyists have done. The value in being able watch and learn from this will benefit everyone..People often say they have bred discus... this will give them bragging rights that not only could they breed them, but they could commit longterm and raise them well too. Personally I think there will be alot of people that will finally "get it" as to what works and what doesn't. And I think alot of people will leave the contest feeling like they ran a marathon and were lucky to finish....but for others... like the ones that cross that line ahead of the pack... that'll be one heck of an accomplishment to be proud of.... This will be the IRONMAN/WOMAN of DISCUS Contest!

-al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 05-15-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Im In just get the details worked out and I will hold back one of my spawns in June or July for this contest, this should be real interesting and educational for us all........Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

if the contest comes around.. and i can find some little guys.. i will get in on this..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Cool idea Al.

Maybe we can start a list of all the breeders and their location who are going to be entering this contest so non breeders like myself can also pick up some juvies to enter.
    Pete
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by rdiscus View Post
    Ryan,

You're a home breeder yourself, why would you go buy fish from Chad? You could enter this contest with your own fry easily.

TCT.. what about you.. any fish spawns lately.. my LSS are still doing great!!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Great plan. If I can get up and running by then I want in.....LOL.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by TCT View Post
    Ryan,

You're a home breeder yourself, why would you go buy fish from Chad? You could enter this contest with your own fry easily.
    I love new strain for contest ... everyone know the real time frame for fish i get ...

Wow, thats an amazing idea! Got me thinking about nixing the Stendker order and going for the big guns! Hmmmm.....much to think about. May just go for a pair anyways! Al's got me all roped into this one! LOL
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast