ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NADA 2014

Default Re: NADA 2014

No.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Underwater Oasis View Post
    Does the Shed aquarium, Baltimore Aquariums or any other large aquariums offer any areas for conventions? Would be really cool to have a show at the aquarium itself and then everyone rooms at the closest hotel... I think the turnout would be better with having the attraction as a pull for the whole family.
    Anthony
    A big part of the draw of these Shows is the time spent just hanging out and talking with internet friends you never see otherwise. I firmly belive that moving the actual Show and talks away from the Hotel would be very harmful to the turnout. I think most that have been to one of the Shows would not want this kind of change.

We had a number of familys come to the Show in Atlanta with their families on vacation. They visted the Georgia Aquarium, the Atlanta Zoo and other area attractions while here.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Quote Originally Posted by Bugman View Post
    A big part of the draw of these Shows is the time spent just hanging out and talking with internet friends you never see otherwise. I firmly belive that moving the actual Show and talks away from the Hotel would be very harmful to the turnout. I think most that have been to one of the Shows would not want this kind of change.

We had a number of familys come to the Show in Atlanta with their families on vacation. They visted the Georgia Aquarium, the Atlanta Zoo and other area attractions while here.
    I got there late the 2nd day because of work and really felt I missed a ton. My mom asked if I went to the aquarium...I had no time! I had to.miss Dr. Pettys talk to do a wc. Between the speakers and meeting and talking with people I was going going going. And I did not meet everyone either :-( It would be great to stay a week somewhere and vacation around it, but the show in the hotel is really a great setup.
    “Be curious, not judgmental.”- Walt Whitman

Registered Member

San Diego Please.. Have nice show place casa del prado in Balboa park (every year guppy show here)

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

No need to say please. If you want the show there organize a group to host it and fill out the application. This is not a deal where NADA comes in from around the country and puts on a show for you.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456