AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Simply Discus Challenge Pictures/Video, Harry Marsh Alex Piwow Red Turk Babies

Default Re: 2012 Simply Discus Challenge Pictures/Video, Harry Marsh Alex Piwow Red Turk Babi

Harry,
    The group looks like they are growing great..thats one super stocky set of genetics those fish have. Looking forward to seeing how these guys look in another few months.

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: 2012 Simply Discus Challenge Pictures/Video, Harry Marsh Alex Piwow Red Turk Babi

Harry... loooove how your 8 are turning out. I'm taking pictures tonight off my gang and will have pics of the ones I got off you sometime this weekend. They're "dots" are starting to connect. Quickly beginning to be the ones I watch constantly as their stripes start to appear. Kenny & Forrests VR's are still growing fast as sh.... but yours are catching up!!! remember, they were younger than the VR's when I purchased both and the VR's are just genetically built to freak'n grow but your little dudes aren't dragging in growth and I'm very freak'n happy with them
    -Elliot

The body is slowing turning more and more red, on the larger fish

Beautiful, Harry.
    Dick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

December 23 Video

The prettiest fish from two months ago is now the dark'ish runt. Irony.

More and more red! It has taken 6 months of brown, ugly fish...but they're finally turning red in month 7

Last edited by Harry Marsh; 12-23-2012 at 09:42 PM.

wow Harry! looking super
    (and btw I still have those worms......can deliver! LOL)
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how much I have to learn." ~Charles Schultz

-Trish

Really looking good!
    Dick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Really looking nice Harry. I'm envious, mine took the better part of a year before they showed any real colour. In fact for the longest time one of them looked like a wild brown fish.

Len

Registered Member

amazing fish

Registered Member Larry Grenier's Avatar

Very nice Harry! Love the lots-o-red.

Quote Originally Posted by shoveltrash View Post
    wow Harry! looking super
    (and btw I still have those worms......can deliver! LOL)
    6210 Mintbrook Drive
    Mint Hill, NC 28227

More pictures. As long as they keep growing and the red spreads: these are looking fine. A few have short gill plates (pictured). There is a pretty good assortment of fish here

Big boy below

Nice fish, bad gill plate (piwowarski are notorious for bad gill plates). A little too high body for me, as well

Group pictures

The opposite of the striped body turks: this one will have a mostly red body
    Last edited by Harry Marsh; 01-02-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Harry they sure are looking good.
    Dick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: 2012 Simply Discus Challenge Pictures/Video, Harry Marsh Alex Piwow

Nice Harry. Glad i got to see them in person!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Had a dead one Friday night. I'm down to 7

I've been working long hours and hadn't paid much attention to the fish (other than water changes and feeding)
    If I had watched them for a few minutes, maybe I would have seen something awry?

I woke up Friday night to feed some babies brine shrimp and noticed this guy near the top: heater burn mark on his body and swollen stomach.
    I don't know which happened first (titanium heater meeting, or swollen belly)
    Regardless, he was a floater by morning.
    From what I can remember, he this fish was a bit smaller than the other fish with average color. Nothing interesting either way

Two days later, I finally found a tape measure.
    I had been wanting to measure a few, but not like this

On the other hand, I usually expect one dead fish or two out of a batch. So, no complaint. If the others live and do well, I'll count this a success

Anyway, shrunken body and this guy measures 4.25". I bet he was a bit bigger Friday night. He was shrunken and warped when I measured.
    He was probably #5 in size. So, I'd bet my largest fish is just under 5". the smallest fish just over 4"
    No complaint. And no complaint with the size of these fish, as long as they grow another 2" or so in the next few months

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast