AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Simply Discus Challenge Pictures/Video, Harry Marsh Alex Piwow Red Turk Babies

Default Re: 2012 Simply Discus Challenge Pictures/Video, Harry Marsh Alex Piwow Red Turk Babi

Harry,
    I've set up the contest board...do you want me to move this thread there?

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: 2012 Simply Discus Challenge Pictures/Video, Harry Marsh Alex Piwow Red Turk Babi

Sure Al
    Sounds good.

40 days old, today?

More progress on fish room
    100% well water, no chlorine
    58 TDS

Lots of water changes (automatic system putting water in, draining excess)
    When I start to trust the system, I anticipate 100% water changes per day with no work

Anyway, some of these guys might already be three inches with tail

Ps. Yes, the wife was adding unknown commentary to this video
    Pps. That is a penny taped to the back of the tank
    Last edited by Harry Marsh; 06-28-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Registered Member Freshisbetter's Avatar

Things are progressing very well. Great job documenting everything for us in such detail. I live in Charlotte and would be interested in purchasing some of the juvies after the Holiday week. Enjoy the heat wave.

How many Juvies did you have there Harry?
    Dave Z!
    NADA MEMBER
    Visit my homesteader page http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...hiladelphia-PA

Quote Originally Posted by Freshisbetter View Post
    Things are progressing very well. Great job documenting everything for us in such detail. I live in Charlotte and would be interested in purchasing some of the juvies after the Holiday week. Enjoy the heat wave.
    Nasty heat wave. We're hiding for the weekend...and let the a/c do battle with the weather.

I've got maybe 40? juvies. I'll try to count. Maybe 50
    There are also 8 or so juvies from a different pair in that tank (hence the really small guys)
    Same female from a month later, but a different male.

I've got someone picking up a few this weekend that has been begging for them for a while.
    I don't know if I'll sell any more. I'm concerned. I've only had one spawning in the new house with the new water (a day after we moved in). I'm hoping all gets back on track, soon.

Nice looking youngins!
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member Freshisbetter's Avatar

Totally understand! That's the beauty of breeding your own fish, you can decide what to do with them. If you change your mind please let me know. Hope you figure out the water or transition challenges with your fish. Wish the best.

Look at all those fish harry! You wouldn't miss one little jumbo male in your community tank? Would ya?

Real Name
    Rick

I am confused, aren't you suppposed to be down to 30 at dime sized? Our did I read that wrong?

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by nc0gnet0 View Post
    I am confused, aren't you suppposed to be down to 30 at dime sized? Our did I read that wrong?

Rick
    Potentially true. And do I remember narrowing it down further, when they get bigger? At what age and how many?
    We should clarify. 10 or 12 of mine in the videos are from a later spawn: they will be smaller and not in this competition - just keeping them in there out of simplicity

I see your point though, someone with 60 could be at an advantage over someone with 30
    ....not sure I'd care though...kudos to you if you have the space to grow out that many

yea. understood to be at most 30 to start with when dime size..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Warlock alerted me that these are not 3" fish.
    I guess you're overly optimistic when you dont pull out a ruler. Upon measuring, the largest are a shade over 2"
    He was definitely right.

Regardless, I'm now down to 30 in this tank. I have tried to count a few times: pretty sure I'm at 30, exactly. I put the smaller fish from a later spawn in their own aquarium (and culled a few obvious fish with defects)

The fish room is getting nicer and nicer. And I've got my first spawn from my reliable female.
    She didn't like the usual male and choose a different one for this spawn

Ruler, July 2nd. 44 days old, I believe

(also some of my older youngins at the end of the video)
    Last edited by Harry Marsh; 07-03-2012 at 03:30 PM.

yo.. those adults are PIMP!
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by warlock4169 View Post
    yo.. those adults are PIMP!
    Thanks They look nicer in better light. But, I don't have time for show tanks any longer

I'm going to make an effort to make better videos. Here is the first (longer, with less jerky movements)
    I've noticed the previous videos were annoying to watch.

PS. Looks like I'll have some Albino Leopards via Mike Beals, soon. Today, those laid eggs (you can see the male fighting off the piwowarski Cobalt)
    I wasn't really looking for these....but the coloration has grown on me
    I suppose I'll have to make a tank for them....

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast