AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: New life spectrum vs Flake?

Registered Member

Default New life spectrum vs Flake?

Hey discus keepers. So i was just wondering what do discus perfer, or like to eat more (in your experiences) Flake or pellets? Like right now i found a can of new life spectrum for discus and i am currently feeding them kens flake foods and i wanted to know if the discus like to eat the pellets more the flake. Or maybe they like the flakes more? So if anyone knew what their discus seems to eat more of/take more intrest in between flakes and pellets and could tell me that would be great. Also does anyone know if the new life spectrum discus formula has any like red color enhansers? Because i use to feed them a food that did and it strated turning my yellow discus orange. Please help me out, thanks

Default Re: New life spectrum vs Flake?

As far as food preference it really does not matter. Flake or pellet whatever you trained your discus to eat they will eat the same. IME flakes are great with the majority of my discus. I have 1 discus who will not eat pellets. The only food I've seen discus go nuts for is freeze dried blackworms.... everytime!

I feed NLS pellets and also have a yellow discus and have yet to see it turn orange. NLS color enhancers come from the ingredients like krill and other natural things unlike tetra's pellets. So you shouldn't worry about the orange effects on a yellow discus.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mep1127 View Post
    As far as food preference it really does not matter. Flake or pellet whatever you trained your discus to eat they will eat the same. IME flakes are great with the majority of my discus. I have 1 discus who will not eat pellets. The only food I've seen discus go nuts for is freeze dried blackworms.... everytime!

I feed NLS pellets and also have a yellow discus and have yet to see it turn orange. NLS color enhancers come from the ingredients like krill and other natural things unlike tetra's pellets. So you shouldn't worry about the orange effects on a yellow discus.
    Ok cool thanks for the help

both
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas