ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My NADA picture thread here

Default Re: My NADA picture thread here

Very nice cones. More pics please.

Does anyone know if the video feed on http://nadaatlanta2012.com/ is going to work, if yes what time?

Registered Member

There is a live feed please some tell the time would love to watch it..

Yusufm52
    sent from tapatalk2

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Here are a few more. Table of the awards to be presented at banquet tonight. Heiko Bleher and I. Group shot in the showroom, judging is going on right now. In group, left to right are:
    Cambik (Steven), Bob (bobtools), Mike Beals, Liz Streithorst, Skip(Warlock) and Dottie(KorbiDoc) Rod helping Liz determine sex of a fish.
    Barb
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Disgirl; 06-23-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Thanks Barb.

Please ask Matt to post more pics, he is taking too long

I have seen Matt taking pics all day long, sure he will have hundreds to choose from to show you all as soon as he can. He walks around all day with camera around his neck! Judging still going on, glad I am not a judge, they all look like winners to me!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Thanks for your shots, Barb. They are great. Please have someone help our "roving reporter" Skip load his.

Wishing great sales for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    I have seen Matt taking pics all day long, sure he will have hundreds to choose from to show you all as soon as he can. He walks around all day with camera around his neck! Judging still going on, glad I am not a judge, they all look like winners to me!
    Barb
    Steve T

chop meat, carry water

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    All taken care of Ralph, just talked with Joe. Lectures all day today then the banquet and awards tonight. Auction tomorrow. I can hardly believe how big these show fish are! My first time to see such huge fish in person.

Last night we had talks by Dick Au on all aspects of getting, growing/raising discus and breeding discus. It was a very interesting almost 2 hr talk. After a break we listened to Mike Beals telling just what is involved in becoming and staying in the discus import business. Just a ton of work, worry but rewarding also. Both men are wonderful speakers. Today we hear from Andrew Soh, Dr Denise Petty, and Dieter Untergasser. Tony Silva will speak at the banquet. Yesterday I spoke with Heiko Bleher!! He is here on his way from Italy to Mexico to give 7 lectures there. He is selling some of his books and cd's here too. He is a soft spoken man and remembered me from being on SD. He admired my glazed cones and asked if the bright colors scared the fish. I told him I hoped not!

More tomorrow or tonight, whenever I can get away to the lobby to use their free WiFi. Wish you were all here too!
    Barb
    sounds like fun keep us posted! Denise Petty is the one i send my fish to for necropsy. very nice and smart lady!
    Jim

Registered Member

Thanks barb, finally I get to see the people who have helped me out..
    Keep us posted.

Yusufm52
    sent from tapatalk2

Well, it is all over now. The show room and other rooms we used are all empty, just a few overflowing trash cans left...

I took a lot of pics, hard to know which to post. I took pics last eve. of most of the show fish. But I am letting Matt show you his more professional fish pics. Here are some from the banquet last night, Josie and Mike Beals with his awards and she bought those fish from him. Also some of the guys doing some judging computer work, David Labelle and Chad, and one of my favorite discus, a Hans Dark Angel. It was gorgeous, all pink, lavender and turq. Looked like it was done in pale watercolors.

Continued..Some of the tearing down work this morning, lots of water siphoned out the doors into the street!

It was all so much fun, I hope more of you will be able to go to the next one in 2014, place yet to be determined. Anyone have any ideas? A local club/s would need to sponsor it. Lots of work and tons of fun!!! Thank you for following my little thread here. BTW, I was fortunate to have lots of customers at my vendor tables. I sold lots but have plenty to bring home and offer here at SD to those who are in need of cones, caves and other specialties. Will take some pics later in the week of what I have to offer. I took 200 lbs of clay made into cones and other things. Thank you all!
    Barb

Thanks Barb for all the pics. All the pics posted by you, skip and matt, I can say I enjoyed the show from my living room

Barb I just wanted to say how wonderful it was to meet you .
    hope you had a safe trip home!
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how much I have to learn." ~Charles Schultz

-Trish

Registered Member

Thanks barb for the pictures Matt showed the pics and you showed the rest thank you.

Yusufm52
    sent from tapatalk2

Barb, Indeed thank you so very much, as it's allowed us a view of the show at least thru yoou and others pictures. I'm just very sad I did not get to meet all of you in person. Maybe my 2014 schedule won't be so full of work/travel.
    Jorge Q

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast