ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gun enthusiasts?

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Quote Originally Posted by shoveltrash View Post
    well Brandon, I've only blown up targets, and once blew a sh*tload of birdshot into an intruder's arse!!!! THAT is why I keep my shotgun.
    Hahaha awesome! I bet that was an adrenaline rush!
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default Re: Gun enthusiasts?

Yea, you don't even have to be a good shot to stop a home intruder with a shotgun.
    President - North American Discus Association

Maybe more then you think.Thats where the term "Shotgun Shack" comes from.You stand in the front door,and it makes it out the back door without hitting anything.Small/poor.Gotta aim a little.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Just looking down the barrel of a 12 gauge side by side should be enough to stop just about anyone, either that or send them hurriedly in the other direction.

Don't use a full choke Bill.
    President - North American Discus Association

Real Name
    Matt

At that distance, and easily within 25yds you should easily be able to land some rounds on the target looking over the top of the sights on a rifle, shotgun, pistol etc lol unless your gun is just totally off sight wise to begin with.

Speaking of guns, I replaced the magazine springs in both of my Springfield 1903s.....they feed like champs now. Nothing like the sound and action of an old bolt action rifle when the bolt glides like butter.
    -Matt

I own 2 Remington 870's with a rifled bll with a scape a 24 inch choke bll for turkey a 30 inch choke bll for geese and a rifled barrell with open sites. a 7mm mag rifle for those pesky black bears a 38 special for that unlucky intruder who decides to break into my house and a pink stock cricket 22 cal. that my daughter loves to shoot! oh ya and i have a 10 point cross bow that i do most of my deer hunting with!!!

Real Name
    Matt

Anyone own any lever guns? That's one of the next on my list. Really looking at an 1873 Winchester clone from Uberti. Uberti is on the expensive side compared to Marlin and other companies, but its got that look and quality to it. We'll see its just a shopping around deal right now. Would probably get it chambered in .357, .45 colt maybe but 357 would be less expensive to feed lol.

Heres one of my toys, JK its the government's....they've just loaned it to me for 6 years.

Getting shot breaking into a house is bad enough as it is, but I have something special for intruders. Its called old Military surplus M2 ball .30-06 armor piercing rounds. I don't just want to kill you, I want to make sure it hurts and want to make sure you are no zombie.

If that fails, well......then I guess we're going hand to hand. I have one for each of my rifles LOL
    -Matt

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

I have a savage .308 lever action. I'm getting a 20 in barrel with a 1:10 twist on it right now. Gonna reach out and touch something also a glock 36 .45 a benelli super a1 12 gauge and a taurus .40 that is pink that mandi shoots a mossberg 12 gauge and an over under 20 gauge .22 combo. Pretty sweet little gun there!
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

I fill the freezer with all the meat we need for the year using my Winchester Model 70 .257 Roberts, the Glock is bed side, shot gun and other smaller rifles in the closet.
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Heres one of my toys, JK its the government's....they've just loaned it to me for 6 years.
    now THAT is a gun!!!!

Originally Posted by shoveltrash
    well Brandon, I've only blown up targets, and once blew a sh*tload of birdshot into an intruder's arse!!!! THAT is why I keep my shotgun.
    Hahaha awesome! I bet that was an adrenaline rush!
    -Brandon
    Yea, you don't even have to be a good shot to stop a home intruder with a shotgun.
    LOL, no you don't have to best a marksman with a shotgun. that was a long time ago - I've since changed to buckshot
    I really want a concealed weapon permit, for a handgun.

there a TONS of hunters in my area (and lots of deer). I'm always impressed by this:
    I fill the freezer with all the meat we need for the year
    . so, do your Discus get deer-heart?
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how much I have to learn." ~Charles Schultz

-Trish

Quote Originally Posted by yim11 View Post
    I fill the freezer with all the meat we need for the year using my Winchester Model 70 .257 Roberts, the Glock is bed side, shot gun and other smaller rifles in the closet.
    Is that a pre 64 model70 ? Either way I love your choice. Most people around here have magnumitis.
    Scott

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

I have a pre '64 model 70 in 264 mag.....

Here are a few deer pics.

Sika deer. They are running wild though the Texas hill country.

My middle daughter a couple of years ago. Also with a bow.

Middle daughter first archery deer. I think she was 14?

Had some more pictures but figured that this was more then enough......LOL.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Real Name
    Matt

Nice trophies John. I've always wanted to go Hog hunting. I've thought about drawing an alligator tag this year in SC, but I don't know.
    -Matt

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Matt hogs are easy. They are such a problem here that we were required by the land owner to kill everyone that we could. I seldom drug hem out of the woods unless I knew someone that wanted the meat. If it did not cost too much for an alligator tag I would say apply. The meat is pretty good.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Real Name
    Matt

Well, for a resident I think its in the neighborhood of about $110 for one gator. Problem is there aren't that many tags available and its more then a one man job (has to be over 4ft) since SC requires you to capture the alligator and dispatch it on land or alongside the boat after capture (homemade episode of swamp people anyone?). Oh and there is no baiting. And SC considers anyone riding in the same boat, part of the hunt and that means they are required to be licensed too. If me and my brothers could draw tags in the same season it would work out, but again its a crapshoot due to the sparse numbers (1,200 for the state).

Just looked and applications closed on the 30th anyway lol, missed it by a few days so I'll have to wait until next year.
    -Matt

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast