ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Blue Diamond with strange poo

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Default Blue Diamond with strange poo

Last night before tank lights went off, observed my Blue Diamond passing something strange from the anus. This feces was dark color, stringing and thick. Kept the lights on for extra four hrs until it passed. This fish has not showed any signs of sickness or color change, hiding in tank, etc. Nothing new added to tank or anything, all other 15 discus fish, 6-sterba cories, 2-clown loaches have been in this 125GA since March 2012. I do 50% WC every other day, have Fluval FX 5 filter(clean monthly) I feel my water is okay due to the fact I have two pairs that have spawned in this tank and gone to "wriggler" stage twice in this month. Also I feed Al's FDBW, SERA Discus Granules, and Beefheart(salad shooter method). Currently swimming around okay with the group, have feed yet. Please check photos: http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/...o/IMG_0285.jpg

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

Default Re: Blue Diamond with strange poo

Now that's what I call a prodigious poo!

I'm not expert enough to tell you for sure that it's nothing, or even that it's something significant. I can tell you though that I've seen my discus pass some mighty odd looking poo in the last year. Generally it passes and the next day the poo is back it's normal black color.
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Try feeding frozen or live brine shrimp, high fiber, clear out the intestines some.
    OC
    Visit my homestead....Discus Living with the OC

That's a small one , My blue diamond female has Poo like this about once a month if it takes longer than a couple of hours to come out I use Epson salts to clear it.