ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: CR6 , CR8 that kind of carofill contained color enhancer is good of Fish???

Registered Member tirthabratapanja's Avatar

Default CR6 , CR8 that kind of carofill contained color enhancer is good of Fish???

Hi, I am a Discus hobbyist. collector. rearer and wholesaler from India. Wish to breed Discus some day. Any way I have found that most of the Discus breeder use Carofill to color their fish. Recently I have post againest such kind of color enhancer there some people told that if CR6/CR8 can be used in fishes in perfect dose the fish will be very healthy and the color will grow more vibrant and attractive. No problem will come.
    I have dout on that. Can any expart please let me know what can be the after effect of CR6/CR8??
    Is there really any perfect dose to make healthy colorfull fishes???

Please please let me know if Cr6/Cr8 are not harmfull then can I use it in my future breeding stock???

Registered Member

Default Re: CR6 , CR8 that kind of carofill contained color enhancer is good of Fish???

Not sure if there is a Cr8, however there is Chromium 3+ and Chromium 6+.

Default Re: CR6 , CR8 that kind of carofill contained color enhancer is good of Fish???

Cr6 for Red Color and Cr8 for Yellow color. Products are from WHITE CRANE AQUA

sir where r u from

Registered Member

Its not about Chromium....i think he is referring to a popular product by White Crane...called CR 6 to enhance the reds....never used it though.like to know more about it.

I also never buy or tried any WHITE CRANE PRODUCTS cause I have a huge fear of that kind of Chemical color enhancer cause I have heard those are very much harmfull to discus health. Even here at Simply discus I have read that all these products are some chemical extract of CAROFILL. Thats why those are very much harmfull to Discus. But when I post same at Facebook forum INTERNATIONAL DISCUS FRIENDS ASSOSIASON a pro breeder of ITALY told me that each and every big breeder using these but Dose should be perfect. But I have asked many people but they told me to avoid those products. So I thought only here I can get exact suggesn and help.

WHITE CRANE AQUA have more Products for Discus
    1) DISCUS GROWTH. to enhance Discus growth rate
    2) DISCUS RED
    3) DISCUS MAGIC
    4) DISCUS GOLD
    etc but I want to be sure on dose and after effect of those product before using to my fishes.

To see more product and specification please visit White Crane Aqua web site http://www.whitecraneaqua.com/secondindex_english.htm and let me suggest and help

The Malaysians had a bad reputation for using hormones to colour fish back in the late 80's early 90's and unfortunately some of the old stories are still circulating. They used to use a hormone called CR6 which really did colour up the fish it messes up the liver and brought about the so-called 90 day disease. 90 days was about what you'd get from a small fish before it died of organ failure.

PM sent.

Many many thanx my friend BRENT. I have post same thing on effect of Carofill that it bring vibrant color quickly but Discus internal system damage for it permanently. But the Italian Breeder you may know the owner of DISCUS FOOD ITALY cross me that that kind of color enhancer should be used in proper dosage. Really I never use such kind of product any time thats why no idea on the realtime effect of those products. Thats why i dnt tell any thing. As here lots of Experts who used or using many kind of food and color enhancer please help me out to find out the perfect dosage for CR6 / CR8.

Where experts are to solve this vital problem???

Registered Member

don't think anyone uses CR6 any more and carollphy pink is safe

Quote Originally Posted by discusbananas View Post
    don't think anyone uses CR6 any more and carollphy pink is safe

But as I know CR6 and other CR products are more developed and effective as I read lots of forum on it.