AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: BEEF HEART MIXTURE WITHOUT REFRIZARATOR IS IT POSSIBLE???

Registered Member tirthabratapanja's Avatar

Default BEEF HEART MIXTURE WITHOUT REFRIZARATOR IS IT POSSIBLE???

Is there any way or any formula of beef heart mixture which can be kept with out freezer???? Please let me know. I am from Imdia here the normal temp go 35°-40°C. Is there any way to keep fresh and diseases free beefheart mixture in this normal temp. ?????

Default Re: BEEF HEART MIXTURE WITHOUT REFRIZARATOR IS IT POSSIBLE???

There is no way to keep fresh beefheart without freezing. BUT, you can try beef heart flakes. I use them, and many people on the forum use them. I don't know how you would get them to India, but I can tell you that they keep perfectly fine in an airtight dry container without refrigeration. Also, my fish love them. You can search the forum for beef heart flakes to find vendors. Good luck.

Registered Member tirthabratapanja's Avatar

Sir,
    Which company manufacture Beef Heart Flake??? Is it works like a hand made fresh beefheart mix??? Then I have to try to get that. Many many thanks for your help

Ken's Fish,sponser on here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Registered Member

I made a small batch then cut it into 1" cube, let it sit out in the sun for 3 days ... hard as a rock. I don't think it will taste as good, to the fish, as the fresh/frozen one but one big benefit is: it doesn't fall apart in the tank as easily as the frozen one (same batch of mix). Some thing happened to the bonding property as its get dried and harden I guess. I would just throw in 1 block before going to work and 1/2 of it still there in the evening. I can fish that out or just leave it in there until it is "gone"

You have to experiment with your BH mix or seafood mix + gelatin a few times before settling down with a process.

Don't do: - large batch with a lot of fresh seafood in it until you are sure of it

Do:
    experiment with enough mix for a couple cubes at a time
    double up on the gelatin per package instruction and cut down from there
    AND very important: use the cart board box to lay those cubes out under the sun. It dried a whole lot faster than the baking/cooking pan (infact I lost a whole huge batch because pan collected "water" and wouldn't dry out fast enough. A dehydrator would definitely yield a more reliable output than the sun I think.
    BTW, don't start it when weather forecast say "cloudy" the next 3 days (shouldn't be a problem in India but it does happen often in the SF area)

good luck