1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started
Is this poop normal looking? they've been pooping like this ever since I got them 1 month ago. I thought it was normal until I got new discus in my other tank and those discus has "regular" poop ie black/solid per my recent research. So now I'm worried that i may have to deworm these guys?? The poop are string like, can reach 2 inches in length.
2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)
All discus are acting normal, good color. They come greet me when I feed them. They don't hide. All have good appetites. They are fed beef heart mix, flakes and granules, occasional hikari bloodworms. They are fed twice a day. More on the weekends.
3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
None. I do 50% water changes daily. More on the weekends.
4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
Tank is established for 1 year +. Discus are 3+ inches. I have 5 of them in a 37 gallon tank.
5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
Daily at least 50%
6 Parameters and water source;
- temp ___85__
- ph _6.4____
- ammonia reading ____0
- nitrite reading ____0
- nitrate reading ____0
- well water ____No
- municipal water ____yes
7. Any new fish/plants added recently
Poop pictures below.