Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: "Dumb Blonde" Ploy Plays Off

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoDiscus View Post
    It would have been and ugly sight.....Josie
    Totally sure of that
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

No one likes the taste of their own blood Josie.
    - Dan

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Hope you're mom makes a quick recovery...My G-ma has back surgery about a year ago and she made an ok recovery. Then this year my mom's mom died she took it pretty hard since they were only a few weeks apart age wise. She decided to spend the winter in assisted living. There she tripped an fell over her walker and hasn't really recovered. I hope for better for your mom. It's hard on em at this age. On a lighter note. I'd pay money to see Josie punch someone in the face....as long as it's not me
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Ok Josie, time to fly you down here and we will terrorize the hospital

Pat I am glad your mother is on the way to recovery.

I have had a long history with hospitals.

I have had polycystic kidney disease since I turned 40. I have had a kidney transplant, two open heart surgeries, a bypass, a heart attack and two cancers. I am on dialysis again so I know how the system works. The health care system is terrible becaise it is operated on a per fee basis. If they do a lousy job, you are forced to go back and have another. They profit because of the way things are set up. They make more money keeping you a little sick than fully cured. They maximize profits by cutting staff and overhead and working the people hard.

I think the one thing I hate the most is filling out forms....especially when a dr wants your surgical history.

Most Americans don't have much experience with the health care system and some make remarks that are not thought out or researched. You will never know about its workings until you or a family member requires a serious surgery or develops a terrible disease.

I hope your Mom comes home soon Pat and has a quick and thorough recovery.
    Bob Daniel Hopkinsville, KY

Real Name
    Pat

Thanks Bob, you have sure been thought the ringer with the health care system and one impression I had today was the hospital seemed under staffed. I have also noticed on prior visits with my husband is unnecessary procedures.

We will know tomorrow after her physical therapy session when she can go home. Hopefully by Sunday.

Hey Pat, I personally found your tactic of "just explain what i need to do and i can do it" pretty amusing. I'm sure that could work for a lot of things "just tell me where you keep the morphine and i'll go get it myself, i don't want to bother you"
    We call that "Minnesota Nice" here and I can assure you Minnesotans are not thinking sweet thoughts when they say thing like that.
    ~ Pete
    any advice I give is just that, advice. I say it because it's what works for me.

Best wishes to your Mom Pat. I hope she recovers smoothly. It's sad, but the care in our hospitals sometimes is the same.

Len

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by dpete9 View Post
    Hey Pat, I personally found your tactic of "just explain what i need to do and i can do it" pretty amusing. I'm sure that could work for a lot of things "just tell me where you keep the morphine and i'll go get it myself, i don't want to bother you"
    We call that "Minnesota Nice" here and I can assure you Minnesotans are not thinking sweet thoughts when they say thing like that.
    Hi Pete, you are "dead on" correct with my thought processes at the time.

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Len_S View Post
    Best wishes to your Mom Pat. I hope she recovers smoothly. It's sad, but the care in our hospitals sometimes is the same.
    Thanks Len, I am awaiting a report from my dad this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BobDaniel View Post
    The health care system is terrible becaise it is operated on a per fee basis. If they do a lousy job, you are forced to go back and have another. They profit because of the way things are set up. They make more money keeping you a little sick than fully cured. They maximize profits by cutting staff and overhead and working the people hard.

Well put, Bob. The system is run 'for profit' and so profit comes before health. A note for the future, Pat - the nurses come a lot quicker when you press the button IN THE BATHROOM. I hope your mum feels better soon.

Registered Member

This should be a lesson to all. Watch what happens in the hospital, things can go wrong! You are incharge of your care. Don't be afraid to ask questions or complain. I do not know how widely this is known but it is permissible to tip in a hospital. Since a tip is not expected, a little goes a long way, even 5 or ten bucks. That makes you the number one patient. Also remember the staff has shifts, take that in consideration when tipping.

Tip? Are you kidding? A stay in the hospital often leaves a person virtually penniless! Many people are not insured, and for those who are, insurance doesn't cover many necessary procedures, co-pays are steep and many people who lose their job because of illness, lose their insurance. Almost half the bankruptcies in this country are due to medical issues. To suggest we tip is to suggest we have extra cash during an emergency. Hospital personnel, of course, are overworked and underpaid.

Real Name
    Pat

These guys do not hang around long enough to tip them.

An orderly came in to give my mom a sponge bath and my dad excused himself and went to get coffee. When he returned to the room he found my mom with her gown open, by herself with a bucket of water and soap. and grrrrrr.

He proceeded to bath her and as he was finishing up the orderly returned and said very sorry. So another day in the "Very Sorry Hospital"

Dawn walked into my hospital room a few years ago to find me not breathing and turning blue. Nobody at the nurses station beleived her when she told them I was coding.

I woke up 3 days later on a ventalator.
    Bob Daniel Hopkinsville, KY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast