AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Dumb Blonde" Ploy Plays Off

Default Re: "Dumb Blonde" Ploy Plays Off

Quote Originally Posted by BobDaniel View Post
    The health care system is terrible becaise it is operated on a per fee basis. If they do a lousy job, you are forced to go back and have another. They profit because of the way things are set up. They make more money keeping you a little sick than fully cured. They maximize profits by cutting staff and overhead and working the people hard.

Most Americans don't have much experience with the health care system and some make remarks that are not thought out or researched.
    +1
    I hate that money is prioritized over people's lives. Very immoral is you ask me. I think there will always be the problems we have now as long as the system is based on profit. It does not matter which politician is making the changes to the system because, the bottom line is insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies and private hospitals and clinics see the patients as $ and not as a beloved family member.

Pat, I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery, I am sorry that you are having to deal with the stress of a loved one going through this and the stress of making sure she is cared for.
    OC
    Visit my homestead....Discus Living with the OC

Pat,

I hope your mom has a speedy recovery! My dad is also 81 and had back surgery 4 years ago and has done very well. Sorry that you had to tell them to do their job, although you did it alot nicer then I have. I've learned one of the most effective tactics is to ask once and if they don't do what they should be go above them to the administration of the hospital (which there is usually a representative available 24/7 but they don't readily let people know because heads are going to role when they get involved - we spend lots of time in hospitals all over the country and its amazing how vastly different the level of care is and honestly the ones we've dealt with in FL have been the most disappointing)

Tracey

Pat, what is the latest on Mom? Is she home??
    Bob Daniel Hopkinsville, KY

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by BobDaniel View Post
    Pat, what is the latest on Mom? Is she home??
    No Bob, she will be moving to a rehab facility tomorrow. She is still on a liquid diet and requires a potty chair next to the bed. She is more brighter and aware today which is a really good improvement. Next is to get her onto solid foods and more mobile. There is no way that my dad can provide the level of care she currently needs at home. The rehab will focus on the mobility issues but the day to day care issues so my mom can be as independent as possible and live at home. Best estimate on the time at the rehab place is 10 days to twp weeks.

Bob, I did see the post where you went into code blue and your wife had to inform the nurses... unbelievable. Thank God she was in your room.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I also want to thank everyone for the warm well wishes. I am passing them on to my family. I still do not know how this will all turn out but feel the next week should be telling. My family does feel the rehab facility is the right answer for the moment.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Pat, Dawn and I live about an hour and 15 minutes from the hospital. Dawn had just walked in after making the trip. Had she decided to stay home that day....I doubt I'd be here now. I believe the nurse gave me the wrong medication...I am almost certain of it.

I hope your Mom does well at the rehab and is able to come home soon.
    Bob Daniel Hopkinsville, KY

Pat I'm late to this.....so so sorry to hear about your troubles. as a healthcare worker, it really saddens me to hear things like this. healthcare needs an overhaul!
    I will say, at my hospital any and all expenses incurred from complications such as infection/medical error/etc while AT the hospital are 100% covered and not charged to the patients.
    with that said, nurses on the floor are very much understaffed and overworked - not an excuse by any means, but another aspect of healthcare that needs to be addressed.
    I feel lucky that I am able to give excellent care in surgery -- we only have one patient at a time!

best wishes to your mother for a speedy recovery!!!!!
    (and I sincerely hope she has a good rehab experience. when my mother had surgery in december for a broken hip, we had a terrible time with the rehab facility....ended up moving her!)
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how much I have to learn." ~Charles Schultz

-Trish

Real Name
    Dan

Pat,

1. Flies
    2. Honey
    3. Vinager

I work at a hospital 1 and 2 is the right approach, well maybe not Honey but at least being polite. 3 may get the job done but the quality of care--??

You took the right approach

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123