AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Placed an offer

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Quote Originally Posted by CozyKeith View Post
    Little girl, you're going to think that until the first one springs a leak when you're not home I fear. I'd build a fish room and maybe have one display tank. Oh, and if not a tank leak maybe a hose coming off a Magnum 350 or something, right Bill?
    Lol or a fitting breaks on a uv filter. 100g through the floor!
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

Default Re: Placed an offer

Little girl, you're going to think that until the first one springs a leak when you're not home I fear. I'd build a fish room and maybe have one display tank. Oh, and if not a tank leak maybe a hose coming off a Magnum 350 or something, right Bill?
    Little girl? Hahaha, I am in my 40's but thanks. I am sure that one day I will have a problem but I have had fish tanks for almost 30 years with no leaks yet.
    OC
    Visit my homestead....Discus Living with the OC

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Crush View Post
    Little girl? Hahaha, I am in my 40's but thanks. I am sure that one day I will have a problem but I have had fish tanks for almost 30 years with no leaks yet.
    Man you just cursed yourself. My wife would say that's little girl to me, lol.
    President - North American Discus Association

My wife would say that's little girl to me, lol.
    My husband calls me old because he is in his late 30's but I look a lot younger than him. Most people think I am about 25 so, I cannot complain!
    OC

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Well there you go kiddo.

Another shot of the livingroom
    HOME 2.jpg
    Not sure why they did the colors like this....that tree is not pinkish/purple, it is that dark red wine color and the house is more beige than mustard.
    HOME (COLOR ENHANCED).jpg
    Yes, it has a white picket fence, lol
    Last edited by Orange Crush; 08-29-2012 at 03:17 AM.
    OC

Real Name
    CozyKeith

I put one in. Needed to define my backyard somehow, white vinyl on sale sounded good to me. Don't want to do fence maintenance, I've got tanks to clean.

http://binged.it/RW6Ntp
    Last edited by Keith Perkins; 08-28-2012 at 04:56 PM.

At least 15gals on the pergo.Good thing we were home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

So my real estate agent called to tell me that a couple of our soon to be neighbors contacted him because they want us to take some of our trees out since they are having to rake up the leaves on their property every year. He said to expect them to approach us once we move in.
    That's right, we have not even moved in yet, we are still working on closing paperwork and the expected closing date is towards the end of September - about a month away and they are already making demands.
    I am going to answer the door in my full on roller derby gear, mouth guard, helmet, wrist, knee, and elbow pads, some of my tattoos showing and see if they still have the guts to ask me to take out my trees. If they do I will then inform them that they can trim the branches that hang over on their property.
    I am not taking out my trees because I want to see the trees not their houses. I can be very diplomatic but I am also not someone who can be pushed around (unless it is by another woman on the track who is bigger and stronger than me - that is how I fractured my tailbone). Ouch.
    OC

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Crush View Post
    So my real estate agent called to tell me that a couple of our soon to be neighbors contacted him because they want us to take some of our trees out since they are having to rake up the leaves on their property every year. He said to expect them to approach us once we move in.
    That's right, we have not even moved in yet, we are still working on closing paperwork and the expected closing date is towards the end of September - about a month away and they are already making demands.
    I am going to answer the door in my full on roller derby gear, mouth guard, helmet, wrist, knee, and elbow pads, some of my tattoos showing and see if they still have the guts to ask me to take out my trees. If they do I will then inform them that they can trim the branches that hang over on their property.
    I am not taking out my trees because I want to see the trees not their houses. I can be very diplomatic but I am also not someone who can be pushed around (unless it is by another woman on the track who is bigger and stronger than me - that is how I fractured my tailbone). Ouch.
    You go girl! LOL

Tim and I bought our house here in Idaho 3 years ago. It was a foreclosure and was horribly run down on the outside (overgrown trees and shrubs, dead brown stuff that passed for grass everywhere else).
    First week in the house, with me unpacking, arranging contractors for interior work, painters for the outside and some guys to repair the sprinkler system and don't you know it, two of my retired Air Force neighbors stopped by with a plate of brownies to welcome me....AND....to let me know how to trim the branches off my trees, which parts of the sidewalk to repair immediately and to let me know that they'd be happy to show my husband how to keep up with the landscaping so that it "fit the general beauty" of our neighborhood!

When I managed to close pick my chin up off my chest and close my mouth again, I smiled very sweetly at them and said "Why thank you gentlemen, I'll give you a call when I need you to come over to trim those trees just the way you like them best." They hemmed and hawed, but I think the fact that I'm six feet tall and can be fairly intimidating (my kids say that I breathe fire out my eyes) did the trick. They wandered away and have never come visiting again.

Well, they don't visit ME anyways. They come on over and accost my husband while he's out mowing. They ply him with a "friendly" beer and then proceed to let him know what it is that they think he needs to fix up. I just smile at him when he comes roaring into the house smelling of warm beer and looking like he'd like to strangle someone. =)
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryblonde View Post
    You go girl! LOL

Tim and I bought our house here in Idaho 3 years ago. It was a foreclosure and was horribly run down on the outside (overgrown trees and shrubs, dead brown stuff that passed for grass everywhere else).
    First week in the house, with me unpacking, arranging contractors for interior work, painters for the outside and some guys to repair the sprinkler system and don't you know it, two of my retired Air Force neighbors stopped by with a plate of brownies to welcome me....AND....to let me know how to trim the branches off my trees, which parts of the sidewalk to repair immediately and to let me know that they'd be happy to show my husband how to keep up with the landscaping so that it "fit the general beauty" of our neighborhood!

When I managed to close pick my chin up off my chest and close my mouth again, I smiled very sweetly at them and said "Why thank you gentlemen, I'll give you a call when I need you to come over to trim those trees just the way you like them best." They hemmed and hawed, but I think the fact that I'm six feet tall and can be fairly intimidating (my kids say that I breathe fire out my eyes) did the trick. They wandered away and have never come visiting again.

Well, they don't visit ME anyways. They come on over and accost my husband while he's out mowing. They ply him with a "friendly" beer and then proceed to let him know what it is that they think he needs to fix up. I just smile at him when he comes roaring into the house smelling of warm beer and looking like he'd like to strangle someone. =)
    Hilarious Toni. Hopefully my husband can stand up to any pressure from the neighbors. If not, I can take care of it.
    OC

oh the beauty of living WAY out in the country, on acreage, with no nosy PIA neighbors .

OC I didn't know you were a roller derby gal! WAY cool.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how much I have to learn." ~Charles Schultz

-Trish

Quote Originally Posted by shoveltrash View Post
    oh the beauty of living WAY out in the country, on acreage, with no nosy PIA neighbors .

OC I didn't know you were a roller derby gal! WAY cool.
    Actually, the house is in an area with a population density of 3,835.62/sq. mile which is far from living way out in the country.
    I was a derby girl but my knees can no longer take it (I quit this past year). In derby you have to get up very quickly when you are knocked down/fall down but I cannot anymore. I blew out my knee snowboarding. I tore a ligament and dislocated the patella but kept on snowboarding that day. I figured that if it did not hurt so much that I wanted to keep riding it must not have been that serious of an injury. Right? Ha, I was in a brace for months. I apparently underestimated my tolerence for pain. I suppose I have to act my age eventually. Maybe I should take up Bingo. lol
    OC

actually I was referring to my situation LOL
    the house is in an area with a population density of 3,835.62/sq. mile which is far from living way out in the country.
    we only have one neighbor within shouting distance, they are on 15 acres & we're on 6 .
    Bingo? oh noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how much I have to learn." ~Charles Schultz

-Trish

About 10 days until closing. I am very excited but very stressed. School starts on the 24th, closing is the 26th. I am taking 5 classes this quarter, classes are 7 days a week for a total of 25 hours a week in class. when the heck am I going to have time to clean and fix up the house and move???? *pulling out my hair*
    On the plus side, I am buying a new tank "to make it easier to move the fish"
    OC

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast