AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Looking for some RO Right

Registered Member

Default Looking for some RO Right

Looking to purchase some RO Right, I would like to purchase from a Sponsor if the price is right rather than the big box stores. Please PM or post to let me know before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!

Registered Member Inland Empire Discus's Avatar

Default Re: Looking for some RO Right

I know on of the use to be reps for Kent and basically all RO right is, is instant ocean salt packaged differently and sold at a higher price. I have used instant ocean and it does reconstitute the water quite nicely. Just some info if you want to save money.
    Bill

Kensfish.com , Ken is great, fast shipping, cheap prices, best source, I order it by the kilo from him for about 18 bucks.
    Drew Harris, owner of Drewbus Discus
    Send inquiries to: drewbusdiscus@gmail.com

Registered Member

Thanks for the instant ocean tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Inland Empire Discus View Post
    I know on of the use to be reps for Kent and basically all RO right is, is instant ocean salt packaged differently and sold at a higher price. I have used instant ocean and it does reconstitute the water quite nicely. Just some info if you want to save money.
    Glad we have the archive section.

I want to bring up the theory you state Bill regarding Instant Ocean sea salt is technically "RO Right." As fast as I go through a 250g powder of RO Right, it would be cheaper and more beneficial to buy a 50lb bucket of IO. No offense Bill but can anyone else agree with this?

I want to make sure I don't change the balance of my water by switching. I can't find the breakdown of RO Right.

Since I use 100% RO water it is critical that I keep the same chemestry as I do using RO Right.

Thanks.

Jeff
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

I recently talked to a Marine store owner who also uses RO water and he never heard of using marine salt as a way to Remineralising RO. Has anyone else tried this before?

With all my RO water I am using, I go through a 250mg container of RO Right every week. Looking for alternatives to Remineralising RO water.
    DiscusLoverJeff

Confucius

Registered Member

Default Looking for some RO Right

Add tap back in instead of RO Right.

My tap I'd already like RO water, so I have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusLoverJeff View Post
    Glad we have the archive section.

I want to bring up the theory you state Bill regarding Instant Ocean sea salt is technically "RO Right." As fast as I go through a 250g powder of RO Right, it would be cheaper and more beneficial to buy a 50lb bucket of IO. No offense Bill but can anyone else agree with this?

I want to make sure I don't change the balance of my water by switching. I can't find the breakdown of RO Right.

Since I use 100% RO water it is critical that I keep the same chemestry as I do using RO Right.

Thanks.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusLoverJeff View Post
    I recently talked to a Marine store owner who also uses RO water and he never heard of using marine salt as a way to Remineralising RO. Has anyone else tried this before?

With all my RO water I am using, I go through a 250mg container of RO Right every week. Looking for alternatives to Remineralising RO water.
    Jeff,
    You will not find the breakdown of RO Right. Kent Marine knows that it would loose money if they gave the breakdown of the product as it is almost identical to their Kent marine salt. I am good friends with one of the former reps who has now left Kent marine and started his own business with similar chemicals for the marine trade, per my conversation with him in regards to the price of RO right with regards to how much I was using he told me to just use the Kent Marine salt since it is basically the same. I have used it for over 2 years straight with no negative effects on the fish and also worked well in the breeding systems also. Most people do not have this knowledge since kent wants people to use the more expensive product. Kent marine at the time was making instant ocean salt for AP so that is how I know it is also of similar composition.
    Bill

Thanks Bill for the explanation. I understand there is a trade secret and all. If they had bulk discounts it would be one thing but since they dont I have decided to make my own formula with help from some other knowledgable people who I will give credit to if this works.

As far as the salt goes, since I use Instant Ocean for my reef, I can experiment with it on one of my tanks, but gradually.

Thank you.
    DiscusLoverJeff

Confucius

Sounds good. Yeah I had the same problem as even from the rep I could not bet a bulk discount. All the power to you if you are able to come up with your own formula. If you are playing around with Instant Ocean just use enough to get the tds up to where you want it and it should be about right. It has been awhile since I used it and do not remember exactly how much I used per gallon.
    Good luck.
    Bill

I have set aside one of my 32 gallon barrels for this experiment. I will test the TDS after one hour and then after 24 hours to see if it holds its consistancy.

Stay tuned!
    DiscusLoverJeff

Confucius