ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the neighborhood Toni!! (aka strawberryblonde)

Exclamation Welcome to the neighborhood Toni!! (aka strawberryblonde)

HI all,
    Well summers about over and the housing market here at Simplydiscus has proven itself once again to be a rock solid performer. Seems people just really like what they see here at the homestead. Where else can you get all the great things SimplyDiscus has to offer its members and have a part of it to hang up your hat in and just relax in....Our homesteads are just that.... Post your photos, talk about your recent family outing, explore a breeding program and share the results.

We've built a great community here and our newest homesteader just can't wait to settle in to her new home here. I'm really happy to have Toni join us here...so please welcome her!

Thanks everyone! and welcome to the Neighborhood Toni!!

-al

Ps.. Toni, My son Ethan wants to know more about your "rock hounding" hobby, He likes rock hounding too... we took him to mine for herkimer Diamonds this summer in NY...and he actually found a few nice ones. As for me...I'd like to stop by and sample the gourmet cooking...i've a few good recipes here....but always great having another chef in the neighborhood!
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

ALRIGHT! Welcome to the neighborhood Toni!!!
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

Registered Member

Default Re: Welcome to the neighborhood Toni!! (aka strawberryblonde)

Welcome Toni! Glad to see you have your own little spot to call your own now!
    ~Ben

Discus and Planted tank obsessed.

Finally! My girl's moving in!!!! LOL good to see you moving into town Toni, you know were all happy to have ya
    Drew Harris, owner of Drewbus Discus
    Send inquiries to: drewbusdiscus@gmail.com

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    HI all,
    Well summers about over and the housing market here at Simplydiscus has proven itself once again to be a rock solid performer. Seems people just really like what they see here at the homestead. Where else can you get all the great things SimplyDiscus has to offer its members and have a part of it to hang up your hat in and just relax in....Our homesteads are just that.... Post your photos, talk about your recent family outing, explore a breeding program and share the results.

We've built a great community here and our newest homesteader just can't wait to settle in to her new home here. I'm really happy to have Toni join us here...so please welcome her!

Thanks everyone! and welcome to the Neighborhood Toni!!

-al

Ps.. Toni, My son Ethan wants to know more about your "rock hounding" hobby, He likes rock hounding too... we took him to mine for herkimer Diamonds this summer in NY...and he actually found a few nice ones. As for me...I'd like to stop by and sample the gourmet cooking...i've a few good recipes here....but always great having another chef in the neighborhood!
    Thanks Al, this is just awesome! A place to call home, put my feet up and ramble without taking up space in the "general" thread all the time. Yep, you heard it here first...no more yakking people's heads off over there. I'll just do it here instead. =)

Tell Ethan that I used to mine Herkimer Diamonds ALL the time. I was born and raised in NY, home of the baseball hall of fame and herkimers. I'm from upstate. I'll happily share some of my treasures with him and any info I can on where to find goodies in CT. Oh yeah, used to live there too...hehehe.

Another gourmet cook? Woot! I'm always looking for new recipes. My latest obsession is with Pao de Queijo. It's a little Brazilian cheese bread that are easiest to bake up in a muffin tin. They melt in your mouth and have an awesome chew factor in the middles.
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Thanks for the warm welcome Brandon, Ben and Drew! I'll try not to bore you guys to tears...I swear it..honest...no really...I mean it! LOL
    Toni

120g - 10

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryblonde View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome Brandon, Ben and Drew! I'll try not to bore you guys to tears...I swear it..honest...no really...I mean it! LOL
    I'm sure you won't be boring anyone around here. I'm sure I'll take the cookie for the most boring homestead seeing Al's post he said something about being a chef!? We may have to talk shop
    -Brandon
    B's Bunker

Oh my, another cook in the Simply kitchens? Woot woot! =)

I actually owned a gourmet catering company back in the 90's. Had to sell it when I moved out of MA and still miss those days. I try to keep my knives sharp and my oven hot these days, but it's harder to do now that there's only 2 of us in the house. (My husband blames his 20 pound weight gain on me, and I'm afraid I'm guilty as charged).

So Brandon, tell me all about yourself. You cook? Yes?
    Toni

120g - 10

Banned

Welcome Toni...

Thanks John, it's good to see you here. Keep an eye out for more pics of my babies that you sent me. They're not so little anymore and they are a fiesty little group. =)
    Toni

120g - 10

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Good to see you having your own place here on simply and definitely welcome to the hood. It will be nice to have you closer so I stop by and chat Toni.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Yay another homesteader to follow. Hope you show us every detail of how you grow them monstrous discus!
    ~ Pete
    any advice I give is just that, advice. I say it because it's what works for me.

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryblonde View Post
    Oh my, another cook in the Simply kitchens? Woot woot! =)

I actually owned a gourmet catering company back in the 90's. Had to sell it when I moved out of MA and still miss those days. I try to keep my knives sharp and my oven hot these days, but it's harder to do now that there's only 2 of us in the house. (My husband blames his 20 pound weight gain on me, and I'm afraid I'm guilty as charged).

So Brandon, tell me all about yourself. You cook? Yes?
    Yes mam! I'm a sous chef at the Marriott here in town. It's an alright gig but I see in the future that in will need something a little different. Maybe open my own place.......? Scary thought lol
    -Brandon
    B's Bunker

Well hello!

- Oz

Hey there Toni. Welcome to the hood.
    If you ever need any help with pushy neighbors wanting you to "keep up with the landscaping so that it "fit the general beauty" of the neighborhood", let me know. I got your back. lol
    OC
    Visit my homestead....Discus Living with the OC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast