Hi all,
The Contest entry period is just about over now, only about 12 hours left to get in on the action and enroll your fry. We have a very good group of entrants now and It should be really interesting to see how the do over the year.

One note I have to make again...The purpose of this contest is to allow Hobbyists of various experiences and skill levels to draw upon their knowledge and raise discus to the best of their abilities. As spectators, the general forum membership should support them and help them if they ask for advice., but refrain from criticizing what they do. This contest is not the place to promote one method of raising fish over another. There are thousands of posts on the forum that do that already. At the end of the year when we look at what each hobbyist has accomplished and how they did it, I believe we will see some of those methods advocated to be very valid, and some may actually be questioned as valid. We will all have to be patient here and see exactly what it takes to raise a great discus.

This contest is on many levels a grand experiment, so my request to all contestants is to please please please document everything you can as often as you can, and at the least per the stated rules.

Thanks everyone and best of luck to the 2012 Discus Challengers!

-al