AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: im going to throw up

Default im going to throw up

Ok so I going to throw up or cry or both been wanting wilds as Pat will back me up for months and would love crosses cuipera being one of my top faves......think I nust missed out on fry since I was in a midnight meeting yesterday and never dreamed id get a reply with a yes ...........been sitting on a ro and a 230g with two large used sumps and obviously lots of small to big tanks to raise them in first.

Anyway needed to share/vent im gutted I missed the reply its two days ago and now the original post says all gone....

Will I ever get wild x babies ?! so sad !
    - Marnie
    www.bootcamprescue.com

Default Re: im going to throw up

Get some adults. Then u will get ur babies..
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Registered Member

Try John, a SD sponsor, at snookin21. It is now wilds season and he has some beautiful fish. I do not know if he has small Discus but his adults appear cheap to me even with shipping. He posted some photos earlier this month. Check him in the sponsor section. I would also have some fungus remedy ready. John quarantines his fish before he ships them but I have been told by 2-3 people that wilds can develope fungus after shipping and going into a new tank. THAT IS NOT JOHN'S FAULT IT HAPPENS BECAUSE THEY ARE WILDS, that is the nature of the beast. The fish look great when they arrive in your tank but they can develope fungus. If the fish had fungus when John was going to ship them he would not ship them, he would treat and wait. If you really want to raise babies do so but John has great 4-5-6" fish, check his photos!
    Last edited by Elliots; 02-05-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Or try Mark from discus origins. I think his are a bit better quality.
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

did email some wilds sponsors not heard back yet from John, its just so costly to do a large enough group of adults for 230g AND i liked the idea of raised f1 babies, either mixed strains or wilds. However i will continue to save up for a few months if that is what i have to do and in the meantime enjoy my domestics. or i can look for some wild looking strains from Hans and cheat
    - Marnie
    www.bootcamprescue.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Marie, be quick to check out Kenny's Feb shipment. He may have something to suit.

ooohhh wouldnt that be fun !! and if not i may get alenquers and tefe's not patient enough to be watching an empty tank unless its empty 230g while i watch babies grow up in a smaller tank haha.
    - Marnie
    www.bootcamprescue.com

Real Name
    Lindsay

I can vouch for John's wilds. They were extremely economical,and I was blown away by the quality.

Fingers are crossed that you find what you want soon!
    Lindsay

thanks guys !

well i took your advice Pat and was watching Kenny posts with eyes peeled, since you must have known something i did not only i LOVE Alenquer but im not drawn to Heckel as much and for some reason i really want youngsters. i will go above and beyond, i have 3 home grown live foods and i have several tanks ready to grow them into i have a plan for every stage

BUT im kind of in LOVE with Cuipeua and then i saw an add ( saw the photo not ignoring what he says below) and want something i can actually keep happily to start. however spent about 12k this last year on the discus, and very happy with them but not able to spend the thousandish plus shipping for the adults enough for the large tank (need 8 for 230g plus shipping plus i worry adult wilds will be too hard for me only a year in to discus).

SO i want a few babies to raise to indulge my passion with the wild types or crosses. here is another chance that came up and by the way i get SO super excited i really think i have to have some babies *this is an INVITE for criticism or stopping me, this is an INVITE for mean or harsh words , read my posts and profile first, im only a year in but i have 22 discus and i have culled every fish i lost except one bullied fish due to a pair paring up in the beginning.

Hi i am getting the shiping supplies together and with a little help i will ship, but these are curipera-x not cuipeua close but these are as close to wild as you can get, the parents picture is my avatar

if i cant get wild cross babies i will get wild look alikes and pure Alenqures are my choice then. BUT wish me luck in my dream ! OR shoot me down, im here to learn is there ANY reason i should not get the babies,

i have put my time in i CAN raise discus but am i too green to do this next step? i am the one that asked Pat to teach her wilds course, i have dreamed of them and i am happy to wait years more if i am not worthy. i ask for input because im able to take the responses, however i feel that if someone who has raised babies says yes, i will do it ! and if not i will for sure wait until much later before i get these beauties as adults because that is too much for me right now.
    Last edited by musicmarn1; 02-08-2014 at 01:48 AM.
    - Marnie
    www.bootcamprescue.com

Registered Member

Hi... Fish Gallery in Houston has 10 to 12 beautiful and very healthy Symphysidon aquafasciata axelrodi (I think) that are 5 to 6 in born and grown up in Amazon basin. They have been in the shop over a month and are selling as a set. Id do it but I'm now invested in genetically altered discus. If you want to know more call the shop and ask for Daniel or freshwater.

They also have some very rare Retroculous in the tank as well. I know its a LFS but it's on source. Of perhaps many. My goal is to get connected with specialized sources at NADA conference this summer. HAW in Houston is a good convenient source in my area for a large variety of Asian genetically altered strands. I'm interested in Kenny's and Hans as I grow in hobby. Right now my HAWs are doing fine and I can pick them out in person.

thank you ! going to check it out right now
    - Marnie
    www.bootcamprescue.com

he is saying they do not have them, but my goodness what a place !! well worth a visit they are helpful and i can get my custom insert for the 230g no problem here so thanks for that , they said check back next week as they get discus in all the time.
    - Marnie
    www.bootcamprescue.com

Registered Member

Oh ok they must have sold out. I saw them yesterday. They are in a display tank and at first they were not for sale then they were. Cool. Good luck.