ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updates on my "Little Ones"

Default Re: Updates on my "Little Ones"

Toni,

Do you raise the jumbos just for your display tank, or do you do selective breeding and sell fry? I'm sure you also compete in the shows with these fish. I'll keep eyes open for fry for sale.

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

Hi there,

I just raise them for my own tanks. I haven't tried my hand at breeding yet. My discus are all still pretty young and I've only ever had two females. All the rest are males! LOL

Never competed in a show either. These guys were strictly for my own personal pleasure when I got into the hobby two years ago. Maybe someday I'll enter one or two of them just to see what it's like. =)
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Im sure you would be an excellent breeder and you would win competitions if you decided to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryblonde View Post
    Hi there,

I just raise them for my own tanks. I haven't tried my hand at breeding yet. My discus are all still pretty young and I've only ever had two females. All the rest are males! LOL

Never competed in a show either. These guys were strictly for my own personal pleasure when I got into the hobby two years ago. Maybe someday I'll enter one or two of them just to see what it's like. =)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123